Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Spotlight on Insanity 

Post Re: Spotlight on Insanity
You do think your very clever when you are but the fool.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:24 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
You do think your very clever when you are but the fool.

I actually think we are all fools -- Sociopaths, Minions, Followers, and Independents.

Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Quote:
Sociopaths, Minions, Followers, and Independents.

This is a very good analogy and your simplicity actually allows for more information to be received. Perhaps how matter can change from dense to wave form. Or how you compress data on a computer to get more room. The cosmic big bang...

Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:20 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Quote:
Sociopaths, Minions, Followers, and Independents.

This is a very good analogy and your simplicity actually allows for more information to be received.

Things are very complex, and my model is indeed simple. Humans are infamous for simplifying complexity so that their limited minds can have some small chance at understanding. But our understanding is always to some extent mistaken for the very reason that we simplify things. The world is complex, and the human mind is far less complex. Just as Einstein said "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them", I think it may be likely that the universe cannot understand itself with a mind of its own making, as with the human mind.

But I do find that my analogy does get us closer to a better understanding of the insanity we are living.

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm
Site Admin

Today I met another concerned human being. She thanked me for picking up trash as I walk about the town. She said she does the same in her town, located just up the road. She asked me "Why do you do it?" I replied that I thought we should be the change we wish to see in the world. She excitedly held out her arm, pulled up her sleeve, and showed me her bracelet that was inscribed with the words "Be The Change".

This kind of meeting is a rare event. In a world of insanity, there are few inmates who understand the gravity of our situation and who actually cross paths.

Trash is a shining example of human insanity. People put incredible thought and effort into creating products, but put no thought whatsoever into what to do with them when they lose their utility. One example I noticed today were the shingles on all the houses in my neighborhood. Due to a severe wind storm a couple of weeks back, there are pieces of torn-off shingles littering the street. These shingles are made of fiberglass, asphalt, and fine gravel. They are exquisitely designed and engineered for their intended purpose, the result of centuries of research and experience. Yet they only last 30 years or so, whereupon they are ripped off roofs by immigrant workers and carted off to the nearest trash dump. During those 30 years, and even afterwards, they outgas petroleum-based chemicals and fiberglass dust, both of which are harmful to living things. The amount of energy used and pollution created in the manufacturing of the raw materials used to make the shingles is staggering, but we are so used to trashing our planet and wasting resources that we don't even take notice. We think it's "normal". We think we are being clever. We think we are sane.

Alex Collier claims the ETs he knows consider our species to be "genetic royalty".

Those ETs must be insane, too.

Zager And Evans - In The Year 2525

Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:36 pm
Site Admin

The only way to prevent eventual nuclear war is by eliminating these weapons entirely, the world community uniting on this most vital of all issues to save life on earth from possible extinction.

Nuclear roulette assures losers, not winners. Einstein said splitting the atom “changed everything save our modes of thinking, and thus we drift toward unparalleled catastrophe.”

Bush/Cheney’s December 2001 Nuclear Posture Review (NPR), asserted the preemptive right to unilaterally declare and wage future wars using first strike nuclear weapons. Madness remains US policy.

Obama’s 2010 and 2015 National Security Strategies pledged US first-strike use of nuclear weapons against any adversary, nuclear armed or not.

Last year, he approved a $1 trillion program to upgrade America’s arsenal over the next 30 years, assuring other nuclear powers will follow suit.

A nuclear arms race increases the risk of these weapons being used, especially given America’s permanent war policy, targeting all sovereign independent states for regime change.

Instead of stepping back from the brink, president-elect Trump tweeted “(t)he United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes.”

Einstein allegedly also said, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

I don't believe the human race is insane. I do believe that sociopaths are morally and ethically insane and that they are leading humanity. They have fooled us into believing they can best lead us, and so we make them our leaders. We make this mistake over and over again. What else did Einstein allegedly say?

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:07 am
Site Admin

Quote:
"This is a circus of total insanity." -- Dane Wigington @ about 25:00

And Dane Wigington is absolutely correct as he lays out example after example of unmitigated human insanity. But it's the truth.

Geoengineering Watch Global Alert News, April 15, 2017 ( Dane Wigington GeoengineeringWatch.org )

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:26 am
Site Admin

Underground bunker wine cellar -- source

This picture really illustrates the difference between the thinking of a sociopath and the thinking of a human with empathy.

The sociopath is quite comfortable with the idea of sipping fine wine in his luxury underground bunker while Armageddon takes place on the surface. That the artisans that produced the fine wine got nuked, along with their old and carefully cultivated vineyards, means nothing to him. All of that is expendable. The sociopath is not. He has his cache of wine. He has his good life. Why care about anybody else? It's always like that with sociopaths. They care nothing for others, and everything about themselves.

Quote:
The bunkers have all the amenities of home, are solar powered and surrounded by 100 percent steel. Scott said only an imagination and wallet stand in the way. -- source

How well is solar going to work if the surface gets nuked? For how many decades, or centuries, will nuclear winter keep the skies devoid of sunshine? How much radioactivity will end up in the air that you will eventually have to pull from the atmosphere, or the water you will eventually have to pull from the aquifers?

Why aren't sociopaths smart enough to work towards a planet that would be a joy for everyone to live on? One without deliberately orchestrated division that results in wars and planetary destruction?

Sociopaths aren't "smart" enough because they don't care about others. They only care about themselves. They lack empathy. They are sociopaths, and this is the only way they know how to behave. Sociopathy is mostly genetic, so unless the rest of us manage the people with this diseased psychology, they will inevitably lead us to our own destruction.

While they sip wine in their luxury underground bunkers. How insane is that?

Sociopaths -- who knew?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:40 am
Site Admin

Quote:
Take a look at the bell curve, which is used to show “normality distribution.” The bell curve is used in many areas of life and can be used here. In many bell curves, you see that 95-percent are within two deviations from the mean, or average. On the very end you will always see 5-percent of people. They are at the extreme end and do not fall inside the box of “normal.” It doesn’t make you bad to be outside the norm, and it also doesn’t make you crazy or sick. In fact, I would argue that those on the extreme ends are the ones that have changed the world.

For example, Mahatma Gandhi did not fit inside that box. The “norm” of his time was to accept the British imperialism in his home country of India. He saw the injustices and spent his life trying to free his people from oppression. He was imprisoned and survived many assassination attempts (although one finally killed him). Likewise, Martin Luther King Jr. also saw the injustices of African-Americans were facing in the United States and stood up to the oppression. They both went against the norms, were labeled, judged, and eventually lost their lives for speaking against the status quo. They both ended up dead, but years later we realized they were speaking the truth against an insane society. -- source

Those on the extreme ends of the bell curve are the sociopaths on one end and the saints on the other. Yes, they are the ones that change the world. But most of the time, it is the sociopaths making the changes, and their changes are almost always for the worse.

Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:17 am
Site Admin

I try to be the change I want to see in the world. I like a clean environment, so I pick up trash on my long walks. I even try to recycle some of it now. So I found a large plastic utility marker, about the size of a toilet seat cover, in the wooded area of my little town. It was solid, heavy plastic, and it was clearly trash, as I had been seeing it lying around for over six months. It's normally buried when used, according to the instructions molded into the plastic, so it had clearly been discarded. It seemed wrong just to throw it away. So I carried it to the recycling center. Before throwing it in the plastics bin, I asked the attendant if it was OK to recycle. He looked at it and said: "No, throw it in the last bin. That's for trash."

I said: "OK, but this is kind of insane. This is fuel. It's made from oil. We kill people for oil. Then we pay big bucks for it. We make plastics from oil, mold it into fancy shapes, use it once, and then... throw it away? You'd think a hunk like this would have some value."

"Yeah, you would," the attendant laughed. But it went in the trash.

So I exited the recycling yard thinking "We're doomed."

Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next