Does the UP project has a future? 

Should we continue the UP initiative?
Yes, let's continue like this 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Yes, but better change the concept 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
No, forums are not the way to go 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
No, people simply don't care 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 10

Does the UP project has a future? 
Post Re: Does the UP project has a future?
Chico, I must agree with the not having a thank you button. Thanks should never be a "button" which requires less effort in the offering. It's like sending a piece of paper instead of flowers. :o

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:06 pm
Site Admin

I would like to have a dynamic poll where we could change our vote at any time. That way, we could have a "thermometer poll" that is recording our "temperature", or our current state of affairs. I could see a lot of uses for a poll like that.

Postscript: I just looked into this idea, and it can be done! I have re-opened the poll and set it so that anyone can change their vote at any time. If you haven't voted, now you can. If you have voted, feel free to change your vote at any time.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 pm

That's great Chico...with further reflection I do sometime's change my mind. It's like stumbling upon an old post you wrote and realising your position has changed a lot since you wrote it... :oops:

I still like the idea of not having a thanks button. It ads a diffrent dimension and might be worth seeing how the forum develops without it. We may find more thoughtful posting, with members having to explain exactly what they are agreeing with and being more specific in what they are thankful for.

Warm wishes,
Lee

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:51 pm

truthunter wrote:
Chico, I must agree with the not having a thank you button. Thanks should never be a "button" which requires less effort in the offering. It's like sending a piece of paper instead of flowers. :o

Never really got a chance to get to know you back at Nexus, hopefully here things might flow at a different pace!

I agree, "Thanks should never be a "button" which requires less effort in the offering" if you want to thank someone get off your "butt" and write a post saying it!

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Last edited by andywight on Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:31 am
andywight wrote:
truthunter wrote:

Never really got a chance to get to know you back at Nexus, hopefully here things might flow at a different pace!

I agree, "Thanks should never be a "button" which requires less effort in the offering" if you want to thank someone get off your "butt" and write a post saying it!

Hello Andy, Good to see you here. I take it you got ousted as well. I am sure we will have much more liberty and freedom here...Chico promised it, and if he fibbed, I know where he lives. :o Really though, it would be nice to be able to let our hair down and not have to worry about attacks and games. A place where we can be ourselves..and maybe even learn something. :D

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:36 am

Chicodoodoo wrote:
Modwiz wrote:
I really like thanks button. It helps me to feel participatory when posting is not something I am moved to do.

I like it, too. There may be other options, like the "Like" and "Dislike" counts used on Facebook. I'll have to look into that, or even better, we all can! We are using phpBB3 forum software, and there are many mods available to customize it. Maybe we can change this forum into what we want it to be.

I may be biased, but the "look and feel" of the Nexus and Avalon forum software (Vbulletin) is very nice. However, I talked to Lord Sidious (Rob Halford) yesterday, and he told me neither use the stock Vbulletin package. Both are highly modified. And Vbulletin is a commercial package that costs about $300 a year, whereas phpBB3 is free.

Free is good.

In lieu of a thanks button, I give a, 'hear dat'.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Thank you Chico for this Forum. I must say I am enjoying the freeway without the traffic.

No fussing, fighting, dissing etc.

Like a walk in the forest, peace and quite to hear yourself think.

Keep the dream alive.

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:41 am
Site Admin

I'm hoping that if we lead by example, rather than dictate, things will work out better for us all. It fits with the "old" saying, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 am

Thank you Chico for this Forum. I must say I am enjoying the freeway without the traffic.

No fussing, fighting, dissing etc.

Like a walk in the forest, peace and quite to hear yourself think.

Keep the dream alive.

I second this sentiment. I really like it here. I find it refreshing and organic.
I feel safe here.
Thanks Chico!

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 pm

When our knowing exceeds our sensing, we will no longer be deceived by the illusions of our senses.

Walter Russell

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next