Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Chicodoodoo -- administrator 

Chicodoodoo, forum administrator, is properly serving the people of the forum.
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 1

Chicodoodoo -- administrator 
Site Admin

Post Chicodoodoo -- administrator
All "public servants" of this forum are subject to approval or disapproval of the membership. The members are the power of this forum.

To help ensure this, all administrators and moderators (if any) are monitored in real time by a running poll where members may change their vote at any time. Any time a public servant of this forum falls below a 50% approval rating, with at least 50% of the members voting, steps must be taken to address the problem. What those steps are is left to the membership. I would suggest that whatever those steps may be, that they be approved by the membership at a high-consensus level, like 80%.

Currently, there is only one public servant of this forum, namely me. So the first running poll to be posted concerns our administrator, Chicodoodoo.

Quote:
The story goes that Benjamin Franklin was approached by a woman as he left the Constitutional Convention. She asked, “Sir, what have you given us?”

Franklin is said to have replied, “A republic, if you can keep it.”

235 years later, it is clear that a republic works no better than a monarchy. So what are we being given now, with this forum?

A high-consensus democracy, if you can keep it.

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Post Re: Chicodoodoo -- administrator
Bump....

Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:14 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Chicodoodoo -- administrator
Here it is over seven years later since the last post in this important thread. The membership has long been decimated by trolls, fakes, con-artists, and sociopaths. The same thing has happened to many other popular forums, often because sociopaths were actually running them. Atticus1 was such a forum, as was Nexus, Universal Spectrum, and The Quark Forum. They are long gone. When there is no one to deceive and manipulate, the sociopaths running the forums leave as well. They were never genuine about running a forum dedicated to truth. They wanted power and control over the members. No members to control, no desire to support a truth-seeking forum. They shut the forum down, because it was only a tool to help them get what they want.

I'm still here because I am not interested in power, control, deception, or manipulation. I just want to know how things really are. I'm interested in learning truth, and in sharing it with others for both peer review and critique. Truth-seeking should be a group effort for fastest progress, but the group needs unity to maintain cohesion. Trolls, fakes, con-artists, and sociopaths know how to destroy this cohesion. Truth-seeking then becomes a solitary effort, with slower progress, but fewer interruptions and distractions. It still continues, and I am happy this is the case. I can recall opponents calling me an "attention whore", but this was clearly sociopaths accusing their opponent of their own malfeasance. I obviously don't need the attention of forum members, as there hasn't been any for years. It's just me and my desire to learn the truth, and my desire to leave a record of what I've discovered. Nearly everything I have discovered is completely outside the Overton window, I have recently learned. That's why it is valuable. The Overton window is the "box", the one some people think we would do well to think outside of. I agree. The "box" is the "prison for your mind" that Orpheus in The Matrix movie spoke of. If we want our minds to be free, we have to think outside the box. Few will dare go there. I should know, because it is quite lonely out here. But that's the choice.

"Choice. The problem is choice." -- Neo

Do you choose comfort, or truth? I choose truth.

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]