Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
What the Elohim realy think about humanity. 
Post Re: What the Elohim realy think about humanity.
Quote:
You can't discount what you don't know.

Our newbie here put on an opening post that I would like to pursue.

You can't discount what you don't know.

How brilliant of a thing to say given what we have been discussing here.

So...to all who love bashing the book you haven't even read...how can you possibly discount what you haven't researched?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:29 am
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
So...to all who love bashing the book you haven't even read...how can you possibly discount what you haven't researched?

Don't assume. Ask.

I have read many parts of it, but not all. It was not a very good book at all. The Elohim need a lot of pointers when it comes to writing. They seem quite incompetent when it comes to clear and unambiguous communication.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:02 am

Quote:
I like your Avatar Lee

Hi Pencil 4JC,

Thanks for that.. :)

Your avatar reminds me of something - do you know what a socket puppet is?

Here's Lamb Chop..

Attachment:
lambchopsockpuppet2.jpg
lambchopsockpuppet2.jpg [ 13.96 KiB | Viewed 2291 times ]

Warm wishes..
Lee

Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am
Quote:
I have read many parts of it, but not all. It was not a very good book at all. The Elohim need a lot of pointers when it comes to writing. They seem quite incompetent when it comes to clear and unambiguous communication.

When I first started reading the Bible, I too didn't think it was a very good book. I found it making no sense at all. What I didn't realize is that you can't understand the Bible unless you are given insight. That ''insight'' can only come from being beyond humanity. The Bible calls it a ''spirit'' that is given to those who first repent of their arrogance before the Elohim as they don't do business with anyone who is proud before them...kind of like the military not being able to use people who want to do it ''their'' way.

I know this is all Greek to you, and sounds all like crazy talk, but you know I am not crazy...so that leaves one other thing...that I have arrived at a point that you haven't....yet. :) If I am nuts, then we have all lost nothing in our debates...as you have nothing worthy of eternal worth to offer. But if I am right, then we both have a ''treasure'' beyond compare in the search for TRUTH. :)

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:37 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
What I didn't realize is that you can't understand the Bible unless you are given insight. That ''insight'' can only come from being beyond humanity.

I see that as a cop-out. A book is a human means of communication. The message is carried in the words, normally using words that any human should be able to understand. I don't need any special "insight" to read other books. If special "insight" is needed to read the Bible, then the Elohim, or whoever the authors of the Bible are, have failed to communicate. If they can't even communicate, then they aren't anywhere close to being gods.

Actually, I understand the Bible pretty well. It's a mixture of propaganda, myth, fantasy, entertainment, wisdom, history, mind control, and advertising. It tries to be everything to everybody. It partially succeeds, but mostly it just falls on its face.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:02 pm
Quote:
It tries to be everything to everybody. It partially succeeds, but mostly it just falls on its face.

It is translators who have tried to make it everything to everyone. Actually it was originally written to the Jews. You are right in saying that it is fails to communicate to the majority of humanity, but then the Elohim never intended it to communicate to ''all the above'', as most people could care less anyway.

There is a very rich and very handsome man walking down the street. Many women want to get to know him, but because he is who he is...only those he ''chooses'' are allowed to get close and the rest never can. This is a picture of us and them....and it is in the Bible, but almost no one cares to read those verses. :roll:

Need I remind you dearest Chico, you dare not dismiss if you ever dare to find TRUTH. You can not tell me that you have researched the Bible enough to dismiss it.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:36 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
Need I remind you dearest Chico, you dare not dismiss if you ever dare to find TRUTH. You can not tell me that you have researched the Bible enough to dismiss it.

I have researched the Bible well enough to dismiss it. The preponderance of evidence, in my judgment, indicates it is just a tool for mind control created by both ignorant humans and deceptive and manipulative humans. I still continue to be receptive to evidence to the contrary, but none of any merit whatsoever has been forthcoming. Do you have some for me to consider?

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:06 am
Quote:
I still continue to be receptive to evidence to the contrary, but none of any merit whatsoever has been forthcoming. Do you have some for me to consider?

That statement is a very wise one my friend. I am sure all the ''evidence'' any of us care to see of the Bible is yet to be seen and experienced, and I believe that is what it will take because folks today seem to have a terrible time believing in anything for sure. It seems all humanity is from Missouri and have to ''see to believe''. :roll:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
... folks today seem to have a terrible time believing in anything for sure. It seems all humanity is from Missouri and have to ''see to believe''. :roll:

It can hardly be otherwise. We are all handicapped by our extremely limited senses and the entirely subjective interpretations of those sensory inputs by our limited brains.

We are all handicapped. But even the handicapped can do some pretty incredible things. :thumbup:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:57 pm
Quote:
We are all handicapped. But even the handicapped can do some pretty incredible things.

You bet, and just think of how incredible we could be if we stopped deciding to be ...''handicapped''. :o

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next