Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Town's police department shut down 

Post Town's police department shut down
Town's police department shut down after officer is accused of 'Tasering boy, 9, who refused to go to school'.

Chief suspended amid accusations of a 'cover up'

The suspension leaves 2,000 residents without local law enforcement

A town's police department has been closed amid claims of a cover up after an officer allegedly used a taser to subdue a nine-year-old boy.

Nearly 2,000 residents of Mount Sterling, in Ohio, have been left without local law enforcement after their police chief was suspended while officials investigated the incident.

The town's part-time officer was called to an apartment where a child was refusing to go to school, according to reports.

But during the call out, the visit became hostile and a taser was used to subdue the unnamed boy, Madison County Prosecutor Steve Pronai said.

he police chief Mike McCoy is accused of hiding the incident involving the officer, who no longer works in the town, from Mount Sterling leaders.

City officials suspended him for three days, leaving the town without a functioning police department.

The office's computers and weapons were also seized, and state investigators are probing the incident.

Sheriff Jim Sabin said his office would temporarily handle patrolling the town, which has a population of just under 2,000 according to the 2010 census.

The town council will consider the police department's future during a meeting tonight.

The closure is not the first for the Mount Sterling police force.

The village laid off all its officers except for the chief in September due to budget cuts, according to local paper the Coshocton Tribune.

It is yet unclear when the department will be reformed.

THE GOOD PEOPLE OF THIS TOWN SHOULD TAKE THIS POLICE OFFICER OUT INTO THE BACK PADDOCK AND TASER THE HECK OUT OF HIM AND MAKE OTHER POLICE WATCH THIS ON VIDEO AS A WARNING.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:49 am
Post Re: Town's police department shut down
Ohio is known for it's paranoid cops. I have run in to a few there myself.
Most cops aren't there because they love law and order so much as a good paycheck and to carry a gun around. Boys who never outgrew John Wayne. :roll: I have no use for cops in my world and they are fine with that too. :)

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 am

Post Re: Town's police department shut down
Just when I was thinking that you could become the local sheriff.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]