Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
We Are All Sociopaths! Or Are We? 
Site Admin

Post Re: We Are All Sociopaths! Or Are We?
We definitely are not all sociopaths. Somewhere between 1% to 5% of us are. There is only one group that would like us to think that we are all sociopaths, and that would be the true sociopaths. They try their best to hide their psychological deviancy, and they can easily hide it in plain sight if they can convince everyone that they too are sociopaths, just to a lesser degree.

Northern Boy wrote:
"Your a physcopath you look in the mirror searching for your self and what you find you post on Your no different then Bill Ryan and his failure to admit he is wrong ., Your posts show you are discovering yourself a little each day Hugh to bad i used to think you had a head on your shoulders"

It's common for me to be accused of being a sociopath by the real sociopaths. In fact, you can almost count on it as the standard defensive reaction when they feel exposed. One reason I know that I am not a sociopath, besides having genuine empathy, is that I try to educate others about how to identify sociopaths. This is something sociopaths never do. The last thing they want is to be identified by the general population. They prefer a public that is ignorant, distracted, and confused. And that's one of the biggest tip-offs that we live in a world dominated by a sociopathic minority.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:49 am

Another key indicator of a sociopath, in addition to lack of empathy, is that the sociopath thinks he is smarter than you/others/everyone.

A couple of years ago I was describing the behavior of a person who worked at my store to a confidant, and out of my mouth came the words, "Tony thinks he is smarter than everyone else" the person i was describing Tonys behavior to said, "well you have just described the definition of a sociopath".

And chills went up my spine.....

Needless to say Tony did not work for me much longer but, it was a delicate process getting rid of him. I was cautious to be as kind and diplomatic letting him go, so as to not have repercussions from him/it.

Seriously though, you don't want to have a sociopath/lizzie irritated at you -imho.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:43 pm
Site Admin

Another key indicator of a sociopath, in addition to lack of empathy, is that the sociopath thinks he is smarter than you/others/everyone.

Yes. I've experienced that quite directly in my personal dealings with sociopaths as well. They have essentially said it themselves.

Bill Clinton is a prime example in the public record. His testimony to the Grand Jury during the investigation of his sexual escapades clearly shows this attitude. As far as Clinton was concerned, it was all a game that he could easily win due to his superior cunning.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:56 pm

I agree its also a very subtle narcissism focused on the sociopaths grandiose delusion. They are constantly plotting and scheming, which normal people don't usually prioritize. So the

sociopath is constantly lying and trying to entrap you to get their means, to justify their ends. I have a few bosses that are like this and its very very insidious. Insidious in the sense that they can wave of Reason with a flip of the hand, pay no mind kind of attitude, since they believe they are so smart.

The sociopaths interface can be a survival instinct due to an underlying survival of the fittest attitude, a baseline terror they have of life in general and a need to be in control.

And thats just the tip of the iceberg.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:07 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
The sociopaths interface can be a survival instinct due to an underlying survival of the fittest attitude, a baseline terror they have of life in general and a need to be in control.

I believe that to be the case. It is indeed a survival instinct that is created by the realization that they (sociopaths) are very much in the minority, and they are fundamentally different from the vast majority in ways that put their lives at great risk at the hands of the moral majority.

For example, a sociopath can kill without the slightest remorse, shame, or feeling of responsibility and think nothing of it. A non-sociopath, seeing this occur, would be shocked, horrified, and feel a burning need to exact justice against this cold-hearted monster of a human being that can commit such vile crimes. Sociopaths learn of this dichotomy early in their lives and build their entire existence around it, becoming masters of deceit and manipulation just to survive in a world populated by mostly empathetic non-sociopaths. The sociopaths' big advantage is that they know how different they are and learn to camouflage it, while empathetic humans are mostly unaware that sociopaths even exist, believing other humans to be as empathetic as they are.

And that makes for a "perfect storm" that we are clearly caught up in.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:21 am

Damn straight about Clinton.

Quote:
Bill Clinton is a prime example in the public record. His testimony to the Grand Jury during the investigation of his sexual escapades clearly shows this attitude. As far as Clinton was concerned, it was all a game that he could easily win due to his superior cunning.

And then you have Bill's career politician partnership with Hilary who is now in a position of power and gaining possibly-it's just sickening.

McCain and Kerry are also part of the club and the vast majority still ping pong dem vs rep with a twist of independent for flavor and on it goes...

I'm banking on a dose of major upheaval, you know, I mean whatever it takes to break the matrix/system---got any ideas?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Yes. I've experienced that quite directly in my personal dealings with sociopaths as well. They have essentially said it themselves.

In general, sociopaths do tend to be above average intelligence. So the correlation between them thinking they are smarter and the fact that they are, indeed, generally smarter (e.g. cleverFox-wise, not sageMaster-wise) ... is an expectation.

Pax Sapientia

ps: Ye shall know them respectively by their tricks of intelligence and by their tracks of intelligence.

ps2: Sociopaths, psychopaths, fasciopaths, etc. ... perform tricks, legerdemains, false flags, manipulations, etc.
Straight-shootin' brightlights, by contrast, express intelligence with rational construction. Sometimes because of their superior delivery and fidelity with the facts, the honest brightlights are often perceived as arrogant, obnoxious, hoity-toity, etc.

ps3: IMO, arrogance in the pursuit of truth is forgivable, even admirable. In the same breath, polish and measured tone in the duty of deception is much less forgivable.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:01 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
In general, sociopaths do tend to be above average intelligence. So the correlation between them thinking they are smarter and the fact that they are, indeed, generally smarter (e.g. cleverFox-wise, not sageMaster-wise) ... is an expectation.

Intelligence is difficult to quantify. The truly intelligent know this and don't put much emphasis on trying to gauge the intelligence of others. Low level sociopaths, however, are often probing the intelligence of others as a standard reconnaissance measure. When challenged intellectually, they can be so confident in their mental abilities that they may even warn you against matching wits with them! The most dangerous sociopaths are more clever, however, even though they will also be convinced of their superior intellect. They simply won't show it, as deception is an established part of their game.

That said, I'm not convinced that sociopaths are any more intelligent than normal people. In fact, the very characteristics that make them sociopaths, like lack of empathy, can impact their intellectual processes to such a degree that they could easily be judged as idiots under certain conditions. We see the same thing in idiot-savants. Intelligence is often a matter of balance, and sociopaths are definitely unbalanced.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:57 am

UncleZook wrote:

Intelligence is difficult to quantify. The truly intelligent know this and don't put much emphasis on trying to gauge the intelligence of others. Low level sociopaths, however, are often probing the intelligence of others as a standard reconnaissance measure. When challenged intellectually, they can be so confident in their mental abilities that they may even warn you against matching wits with them! The most dangerous sociopaths are more clever, however, even though they will also be convinced of their superior intellect. They simply won't show it, as deception is an established part of their game.

I'm confining the narrative of my arguments to sociopaths that attain power on a scale worth considering. I am much less interested in the low level riff raff that end up being serial troublemakers and who, on occasion, can be moved around like pawns and patsies by higher level sociopaths. The latter kind is at the root of significant terrorisms, e.g. parallel terrorism. The low level sociopaths, by contrast, confine their terrorisms to localized serial events. Not sure any science can fix the beast within, e.g. to any satisfactory degree of precision.

To wit, low level sociopathy will be with us until our genes deliver us to a better state. It is better to spend human resources trying to understand and defeat the sociopaths that are perching, not the sociopaths that are lurking. If the lurkers had any brains at all they would be perching. As it were.

Quote:
That said, I'm not convinced that sociopaths are any more intelligent than normal people. In fact, the very characteristics that make them sociopaths, like lack of empathy, can impact their intellectual processes to such a degree that they could easily be judged as idiots under certain conditions. We see the same thing in idiot-savants. Intelligence is often a matter of balance, and sociopaths are definitely unbalanced.

Like I said, parallel sociopaths - the ones that swallow whole societies - are generally more smarter than the average sheeple. The ones that nibble, e.g. the serial sociopaths, are not worth the chase for they neither control nor undermine sufficient sized chunks of society.

The thread title vectors into a general study, true enough ... but chasing the general truths about sociopathy tends to create sanctuary for those sociopaths that uproot societies. After all, in a club that includes us all, is a tiger that bites like a lamb more dangerous than a lamb that bites like a tiger?

It is prudent to separate the tiger and the lamb and to observe the fearful symmetry of the one. Which brings us to the discussion in its consequential narrative, namely, the general above-average intelligence of high chair sociopaths (relative to the average intelligence of the pasture people). You don't get to perch if you don't bring the high chair to the table. Of course, with high chairs, a certain degree of petulance and pablum-flinging is to be expected.

:jest:

ps: Again, worry not about the fine incisors, fix the fangs!

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:23 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Which brings us to the discussion in its consequential narrative, namely, the general above-average intelligence of high chair sociopaths (relative to the average intelligence of the pasture people).

I agree with your general concept of prioritizing when considering how to address the problem of sociopaths. Obviously, "successful" sociopaths are more dangerous than their bumbling brethren. But that "success" is a function of much more than intelligence. It's a gross oversimplification to associate "successful" sociopaths with higher intelligence. Naturally, they are cunning, conniving, deceitful, manipulative, and scheming, but I don't see them as more capable in these areas than normal people. Rather, their psychological deviancy provides them with much more opportunity to exercise these traits than normal people, whose empathy naturally steers them in other directions.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next