Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Learning from others 
Site Admin

Post Learning from others
Knowledge comes from many sources. Each of us acts as recipient and delivery system for that knowledge. A few of us spend time here on United People, many more spend time on other forums, but all of us spend time on this planet trying to navigate the waters of a vast ocean of propaganda in order to catch the truths that sustain us.

Teaching and learning both require that knowledge be freely shared. This thread is about sharing the knowledge regardless of its source.

Today I was reading at Avalon, a forum that permanently banned me in order to censor my voice. I found an interesting post there. A Simple Human wrote it. Being a simple human myself, I resonated with his generous effort to share the knowledge. I believe in that effort. I believe knowledge should be shared with no regard for personal benefit. That kind of sharing mirrors the gift economy suggested by Charles Eisenstein. And that kind of economy would benefit us all greatly, unlike the current debt-based monetary economy.

Here is the post I found on Avalon.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:50 am

Post Re: Learning from others
Knowledge comes from many sources. Each of us acts as recipient and delivery system for that knowledge. A few of us spend time here on United People, many more spend time on other forums, but all of us spend time on this planet trying to navigate the waters of a vast ocean of propaganda in order to catch the truths that sustain us.

Teaching and learning both require that knowledge be freely shared. This thread is about sharing the knowledge regardless of its source.

Today I was reading at Avalon, a forum that permanently banned me in order to censor my voice. I found an interesting post there. A Simple Human wrote it. Being a simple human myself, I resonated with his generous effort to share the knowledge. I believe in that effort. I believe knowledge should be shared with no regard for personal benefit. That kind of sharing mirrors the gift economy suggested by Charles Eisenstein. And that kind of economy would benefit us all greatly, unlike the current debt-based monetary economy.

Here is the post I found on Avalon.

as long as A S H the well intentioned new member seems well behaved and respectful to the old timer guardians of the relm avalonians will welcome the simple humans and pat them on the back.

with special caveat by selene. unified serenity put her 2 cents in to. she posted this on nexus and these thoughts to celine on the breitbart thread

you and i and others here were banned on avalon chico so we cant publicly complament a simple human give a backpat and say welcome to the fold. i do wish him well as hope he has no troble getting aclimated to the pasture .

its very nice to see another true believer found there way to avalon all noble and gungho to do his bit for humanity but none of the material A S H presents is new or cutting edge research. i dont find fault with what he posted but lets face it its all work compiled and researched and published by others who put in the time and been regurgitated on every alt media site including avalon and nexus.

including this board now..........................

by the time people find there way to UP chico most of us are well versed in all these topics and issues. i been scrolling down all the alt media boards for many years. i was gungho to at first. well i kept it to myself in the begining but then fukkit thru caution to the wind and began to forward the information to my 'friends' starting in 2001. i finaly stopped last year when it hit me that no one was replying or ever had and maybe thats why people like us eventully 'join' the boards. at least we sing to the choir and some time we get electronic human feedback .

pls remind me what we are trying to do here on UP and if you feel theres any point in this exersise ?sry if this sounds negitive but i am tired and no one in the main stream world apreciates being hassled with this information it goes strait into junk. people dont want to be woke up just becuz i am as it turns out. i am out of my mind ecentric and not to be taken serius by 'normal' people. so im alone and pretty much a hermit nowadays not complaing or playing the pity fiddle just the facts ma,am. i know i did my bit long ago lost all my friends and my family and now i read the boards mostly bored finding the same stuff every where i go and end up here complain to a few UP readers.............................. lol.how sad is that ????

but tyvm for tying to educate chico. you r a fine well intentioned person. and ty to a simple human for being young and gungho . me im old and cynical and kinda wore out by the whole thing.

doc

Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 am
Site Admin

wassupdoc wrote:
its very nice to see another true believer found there way to avalon all noble and gungho to do his bit for humanity but none of the material A S H presents is new or cutting edge research. i dont find fault with what he posted but lets face it its all work compiled and researched and published by others who put in the time and been regurgitated on every alt media site including avalon and nexus. including this board now....

That's OK. There's no predicting who, what, when, where, and how people will come to the knowledge they need to unite behind the common good. When someone makes a determined effort to advance this purpose, I like to recognize their intent. Sure, for "old-timers" like us, most of the information is old news. No biggie. It shows someone is following the same path we followed, and has the same passion for learning we have, and wants the same things we want -- liberty and justice for all, and the foundation upon which they rest, which is truth.

Quote:
pls remind me what we are trying to do here on UP and if you feel theres any point in this exersise ?

I just did.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 am

Quote:
There's no predicting who, what, when, where, and how people will come to the knowledge they need to unite behind the common good. When someone makes a determined effort to advance this purpose, I like to recognize their intent.

me to. sad you cannot express your recognition of ASH on avalon forum.

Quote:
Sure, for "old-timers" like us, most of the information is old news. No biggie. It shows someone is following the same path we followed, and has the same passion for learning we have, and wants the same things we want -- liberty and justice for all, and the foundation upon which they rest, which is truth.

yes. truth is in short supply every where tho.................... and truthers free speech being squelched ifn richard and celine and ryan 's well behaved peaceful sheep and there sheep dogs cant handle the truth.

Quote:
pls remind me what we are trying to do here on UP and if you feel theres any point in this exersise ?

Quote:
I just did.

ok i will not lose heart. ty .

back to brazil.................... dancin is done .

doc

Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:15 am
Site Admin

Fun to review those posts from Wassupdoc (above). This member disappeared with GypsyWoman, so it was probably one of her many sockpuppets. The writing style is an amateurish attempt to hide any recognizable characteristics that might expose the author's identity. Ah, the games sociopaths play!

Today, I fixed my wheelbarrow. A couple of years ago, I was putting air in the tire and it exploded, probably from rot and old age rather than any error on my part. Both the tube and tire were ripped up, so a replacement was called for. It turns out that wheelbarrow tires are expensive! Seeing as how I have dropped out of the economic system to a large degree and don't have an income to pay taxes on, I was going to have to find a used tire. But even those were expensive, so I put the project on hold. A year ago I found some used wheels with tires for only $10 each, but it was 50 miles of driving each way to get one so I let it pass.

Yesterday, I was at a garage sale, and what should I see under a table but a wheelbarrow wheel with a tire! I ask the man in charge, "What do you think the odds would be that someone would buy that thing?" He says, "That's probably the last thing I would expect to sell."

"How much is it?" I ask. He replies, "50 cents." Yes, I bought it.

The tire was like new, but it was tubeless and deflated. The man said it would hold air, but getting it pumped up again would be tricky, since the bead was "broken" and would not create an air-tight seal. Back at home, I discovered I couldn't get it to seal. So it was time to search the Internet and learn how to solve this problem!

And sure enough, here's the trick! ( 1 2 ) I used a ratcheting belt I found long ago abandoned in the road, and the trick worked perfectly!

Then I took off the old wheel, put on the new one, and my wheelbarrow was good as new! And I found myself chuckling...

You see, there is a story about my father growing up in the backward hills of northeast Alabama that he liked to tell. He's just a boy out poking around behind the house, and he hears his aunt call out in a thick southern accent, "Delbert, yew git away from that wheelbarra! Yew know yew don't know nuttin 'bout machine-ree!"

:lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:51 am
Site Admin

I remember the title.

"Kill or Get Killed"

That was the title of a red military manual on my father's bookshelf. I was just a boy, but that is the book I would always sneak a peek at when no one was around. My father caught me looking at it one day, and it disappeared from the bookshelf. He told me it wasn't meant for children.

Think about the logic of that title. Similar logic would be "Steal or Get Robbed", "Rape or Get Raped", or "Lie or Get Lied To". The logic is completely faulty, but this is the logic our soldiers are taught to rely on. It is indicative of the brainwashing used to transform normal people into soldiers. They are mentally molded to think like a sociopath.

Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:42 pm
Site Admin

I thought I got a good education, but I didn't. I got a good indoctrination, one designed to make me an obedient worker, as George Carlin pointed out. I did very well in school, which trained me to be a very obedient worker. And I was one for a long time. But I was fortunate to somehow break out of the mould and become an insubordinate revolutionary, a freedom fighter, and a severe critic of sociopaths.

But one thing that didn't change is my joy of learning. Learning works best when combined with a talented teacher. I've had a few of those: one for high school physics, one for college physics, and one for college biochemistry. But I never had one for mathematics. I did very well in mathematics, always scoring high, but it was only because I was an obedient worker. I didn't understand the fundamentals, probably because my teachers didn't either. How could they teach me what they themselves didn't know? Yet this was typical of the educational system in America. Emphasis was on parroting, not understanding. So I parroted all the mathematical operations of imaginary numbers and never really grasped their meaning.

But today, a good teacher gave me a lesson and moved me closer to an understanding. What an incredible gift, this sharing of information that gives meaning to difficult concepts. This is really what it means to be human. While sociopaths guard knowledge jealously to enhance their power and control over others, real humans, the non-sociopaths, share knowledge with anyone for the simple joy of sharing. What a beautiful thing! And here is the example set before me today:

How Imaginary Numbers Were Invented
(duration 23:28)

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:15 am
Site Admin

Life is all about keeping an open mind and learning everything we can.

This is my philosophy as well. Closed minds cannot learn very much, but open minds can learn without limit. Learning is the key to understanding. Understanding is the key to solutions. Solutions are how we make our lives better, where "our lives" means the lives of everyone. We should look for solutions that are like the tide that raises all boats, so that everyone benefits. Selfish benefit at the expense of others is the sociopaths' way. That is why sociopaths must be managed so that they do not lead humanity. They ruin the lives of people, and they don't care one whit. They are the worst people that could become our leaders, and they have developed a monopoly on our leadership positions. This will end badly for humanity, I suspect.

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]