Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Cognitive Dissonance 
Site Admin

Post Re: Cognitive Dissonance
magamud wrote:
I think this is an easy observation to make and to exploit in psychological warfare terms.

Speak of the devil...

Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:44 am
Site Admin

When it comes to our propaganda-derived beliefs about Hitler, the level is cognitive dissonance is startling. One recent example I wrote about is here. In that post, I point out the unbelievably inconsistent position of the fact that Hitler refused to use chemical and biological weapons during WW2, yet allegedly had 6 million Jews gassed to death. One of those two ideas is clearly false.

Quote:
America is the only nation brought forth by a set of beliefs, and those beliefs, captured so eloquently in our founding documents, are some of the most powerful and inspiring ever conceived. We consider this to be the land of the free, where the individual is supreme and nothing prevents us from going as far as our talents can take us. That image of America - that "brand" - is incredibly strong.

However, there's a very large gap between that long-held image and the reality of America today. What was once a government built for the people is now a government run for the rich and powerful, one that throws the people under the bus whenever their interests differ from those of the corporate and political leaders who run the show.

And living in one world (the corrupt) while stubbornly believing you live in another (the ideal), despite mounds of evidence, causes a distinct kind of stress, often called cognitive dissonance. -- source

It's not just America that suffers from cognitive dissonance. It's the entire world. The level of deception and manipulation coming from the ruling sociopaths that actually steer humanity is so high that universal cognitive dissonance is inevitable.

Let me repeat that: because sociopaths lead us, universal cognitive dissonance is inevitable.

This is the actual basis for the famous line in The Matrix spoken by Morpheus:

Quote:
"You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad." -- source

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 pm
Site Admin

I learned some more about cognitive dissonance from some interesting discussions with Rose recently. Rose believes cognitive dissonance is a bad thing, and that she does not suffer from cognitive dissonance at all. When I point out examples of her own cognitive dissonance, she gets angry and resorts to tactics of "attack the messenger, ignore the message". She finally settles on a "I don't care about your opinions" to terminate the entire discussion.

What I realized is that cognitive dissonance is good, when we recognize it and are willing to explore its origins. Cognitive dissonance is what has transformed me into what I am today. It has fueled my investigations into all the taboo subjects like religion, money, sociopaths, Hitler, Nazis, the Holocaust, and the Jews. It has turned my beliefs upside down and allowed me to realize the extent of my own brainwashing, and by extension, the pervasive brainwashing of our entire society. The discomfort of holding contradictory beliefs, i.e. cognitive dissonance, may be one of the most important catalysts of free thought that there is!

I have often remarked that most people prefer comfort to truth. Now I understand better why that is. Cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable, so most people sweep it aside to avoid the discomfort. They refuse to recognize it, and as a result, they refuse to investigate its origins. By doing this, they are essentially refusing to search for truth.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm
Site Admin

The Entire Western World Lives In Cognitive Dissonance

How can it be that Americans can see inhumanity in the separation of families in immigration enforcement but not in the massive war crimes committed against peoples in eight countries? Are we experiencing a mass psychosis form of cognitive dissonance?

Cognitive dissonance is inevitable when people are fed a constant diet of propaganda ("fake news") by the mainstream media in order to control the masses via brainwashing, programming, and mind control. Our concepts of reality, shaped by the information we are exposed to (the propaganda), will be faulty because they won't align properly with true reality. One example that Paul Craig Roberts presents drives this home:

To criticize Israel, no matter how great and obvious is Israel’s crime, means that you are an anti-semite and a “holocaust denier.” For Nikki Haley and Israel, this places the UN Human Rights Council in the Hitler-worshiping Nazi ranks.

The concepts of reality that you have been made to believe (you are an anti-semite, a “holocaust denier”, and in the Hitler-worshiping Nazi ranks) do not match the true reality (you are legitimately criticizing Israel). Et voila! We have cognitive dissonance.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 am
Site Admin

There is an excellent Corbett report on cognitive dissonance here. The video has been censored from YouTube, so you know it contains important information, and I can confirm that it does. You should watch it to better understand cognitive dissonance. You can also see for yourself how the video has been censored from YouTube by looking at these two sites ( 1 2 ), which both have embedded videos pointing to the same video, which is now missing.

There are still copies of this video on YouTube, like the one I have included below. I think YouTube does this to have plausible deniability about the censorship it is doing. It will censor those copies of the video that are widely referenced by external sites it considers "dangerous", while keeping copies available that few people have ever linked to. This is a kind of "shadow banning" that is very effective at limiting the dissemination of undesirable information.

The Psychology of Cognitive Dissonance - The Eyeopener
(duration 10:12)

Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:56 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Given that the mainstream media acts as a vehicle for so much propaganda, lies and deception and the vast majority blindly accept what it says, paying scant attention to the contradictory evidence, this leads many into a state of cognitive dissonance when challenged with the truth while defending the mainstream media’s official version.

With the masses not getting the big ‘hey wait a minute’ moment of realization accepting things that are in truth majorly not right, here are my 6 ways of showing that the world is therefore in a state of cognitive dissonance or even denial. -- source

The deception and manipulation is so great "that the world is therefore in a state of cognitive dissonance or even denial."

Here are the six behaviors that show the world is in a state of cognitive dissonance:

1. Accepting the general consensus of the masses without question
  2. Blindly believing authorities
  3. Believing events occur by coincidence rather than by conspiracy
  4. Blindly accepting statements parroted by the masses
  5. Inability to ‘think the unthinkable’ (unable to think outside the box)
  6. Denial through disbelief (closed minded)

-- source

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:56 am
Site Admin

A Catholic priest (Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò) is a conspiracy theorist?

Quote:
As I said earlier, we are faced with a colossal deception, based on lies and fraud. This deception starts from the premise that the justifications put forward by the authorities in support of their actions are sincere. More simply, the mistake consists in believing that the rulers are honest and in assuming that they do not lie to us. So we persist in finding more or less plausible justifications, with the sole purpose of not recognizing that we are the object of a conspiracy planned to the smallest detail. And while we try to rationally explain irrational behavior, while we attribute logic to the illogical actions of those who govern us, cognitive dissonance leads us to close our eyes to reality and to believe the most shameless lies. -- source

Who would have guessed that cognitive dissonance would play a major role in the COVID-19 psy-op?

Besides me and the Archbishop, I mean.

Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò

Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2