Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Wake up united people's front! 

Post Wake up united people's front!
Hey, where are we going with this initiative? I guess nowhere...

Last edited by skippy on Sun May 22, 2011 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 22, 2011 7:55 am

Post Re: Wake up united people's front!
Well, it's difficult to go beyond... Maybe I should start a website :lol:

Sun May 22, 2011 8:17 am
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
Hey, where are we going with this initiative? I guess nowhere...

Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness? Hey, I feel them too, sometimes.

“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
-- Margaret Mead

Sun May 22, 2011 3:35 pm
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
Well, it's difficult to go beyond... Maybe I should start a website :lol:

I hear you -- just more division and splintering.

Pretend this is your website (I would like it to belong to all of us). What would you do with it? How would you change it? What goal would it strive for?

Sun May 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Chicodoodoo wrote:
“Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world.”

I'm commited to discover, find and defend the truth, whatever that may be.. I consider integrity, free speech and variety of opinion major qualities to achieve this goal. What is your commitment to the United People project?

Mon May 23, 2011 6:41 pm
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
I'm commited to discover, find and defend the truth, whatever that may be.. I consider integrity, free speech and variety of opinion major qualities to achieve this goal.

That has always been my orientation as well.

skippy wrote:
What is your commitment to the United People project?

I sometimes wonder. It seems like an impossible task to get people to unite and organize in support of the common good. On the other hand, if we don't do that, I'm afraid all is lost. The sociopaths will keep us united in fear and organized as they decide best for their own selfish interests.

Mon May 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Chicodoodoo wrote:
I sometimes wonder. It seems like an impossible task to get people to unite and organize in support of the common good. On the other hand, if we don't do that, I'm afraid all is lost.

Yes, and maybe Forums are not the way to go. How many people are actively posting on the big Forums .... 20, 50 maybe! Who cares? See this marvellous initiative on the UP, we are with 11 members only with 2 or 3 active contributors.. . I'm sorry Chico, I don't have the answers... People simply don't care; It's hard to commit to something that transcends the ego. But despite this we must continue.

Wed May 25, 2011 6:47 pm
Site Admin

Good stuff, Skippy! Thanks for posting those videos!

I'm feeling the absurdity too. I was thinking about giving up, realizing that the forums are just microcosms of the same absurd problems that are affecting the real world. Then I saw this:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/zero-hedge-%E2%80%93-maturing-fight-club-community-or-just-excuse-be-rude-and-abusive

What an indictment! But it's also proof that there is a spark of essence, something good, out there in humanity that has value.

I'm going to try to hold on longer....

Thu May 26, 2011 4:38 pm

It seems that people are afraid to unite for the common good, afraid to leave the so-called illusionary comfortzone, afraid to transcend ego. How can we transform the declaration into a big ponzi schema for human beings to express their position, to show what they stand for, and to protect human dignity? Please consider the following interview by ‘Der Spiegel’, with the philosopher Martin Heidegger in 1966.

DER SPIEGEL: “Can the individual still influence this network of inevitabilities at all, or can philosophy influence it, or can they both influence it together in that philosophy leads one individual or several individuals to a certain action?”
HEIDEGGER: “Philosophy will not be able to bring about a direct change of the present state of the world. This is true not only of philosophy but of all merely human meditations and endeavors. Only a god can still save us. I think the only possibility of salvation left to us is to prepare readiness, through thinking and poetry, for the appearance of the god or for the absence of the god during the decline; so that we do not, simply put, die meaningless deaths, but that when we decline, we decline in the face of the absent god.”

Will this initiative ever work out? What’s important is to make a statement or a commitment of us “Being” human. Who's afraid of "Being" human? If there is some other “Being” out there, this message will be picked-up. And if not, that we do not die meaningless deaths in the face of an absent god, so to speak in the words of Heidegger. Truth is infinite.

The full Heidegger interview: http://lacan.com/heidespie.html

Thu May 26, 2011 6:49 pm
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
"Philosophy will not be able to bring about a direct change of the present state of the world. This is true not only of philosophy but of all merely human meditations and endeavors."

This is evidently not true. The controlling sociopaths have brought about a direct change of the present state of the world through their endeavors. They have practically engineered the present state of the world. If the sociopaths can do it, so could we non-sociopaths. But we need to have what the sociopaths have -- unity and organization.

Fri May 27, 2011 3:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next