Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
No comment 

Post Re: No comment
It's a small fire, but the UP project is still alive! He guys, how can we make this place more fun? One of the core values of the UP project are fun and joy. For example, what do you think about the idea to participate in designing the logo of the movement to be printed on t-shirts, mugs, etc. Like this we can make a bit of marketing around us with give-aways.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:58 am
Site Admin

Fun and joy sounds good! I'm not sure traditional marketing approaches equate to fun and joy for me personally, but I won't stand in the way of others who enjoy this kind of thing.

I keep wondering if a change in forum software would help. I much prefer the VBulletin software that both Nexus and PA use. Does anyone else not like the look of this forum package?

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:41 pm

Chicodoodoo wrote:
I keep wondering if a change in forum software would help. I much prefer the VBulletin software that both Nexus and PA use. Does anyone else not like the look of this forum package?

I'm not sure if a software package equate to fun and joy for me personally, but I won't stand in the way of others who enjoy this kind of thing... :lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:03 am

I agree with you both...lol ;)

Chico, I do like the forum style Avalon and Nexus use. I wonder if there is a cost involved, as it appears they both need some revenue to operate?

Skippy, we may well need your marketing skills after all!

Your right, fun and joy is so important. I guess for me it's a really good laugh, the one's you can't contain. I think I will hunt down a few favourite's to share.

Fun and joy to all...
Lee

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:15 am

I propose to start with a redesign of the start page, which might turn out to be more attractive. I'll try a couple off pages with the help of some software engineers and we can vote afterwards which one we will put up as our homepage. The vote includes also the current home page.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:09 pm

Good on you Skippy. I'm afraid I won't be any help at all, other than voting on my favourite style.

Thanks for putting the effort in...
Lee

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:27 pm

Here the first prototype for a new homepage for the UP project. In fact, it's a program that loads dynamically the avatar/pic of new members into the homepage. The homepage is updated with every new member joining the UP project. Thanks for you're feedback on this. We need to do something to make things more attractive..

Attachment:
ll.jpg
ll.jpg [ 180.66 KiB | Viewed 2047 times ]

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:25 pm

That's a cool idea Skippy - I love it!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Lee wrote:
That's a cool idea Skippy - I love it!

Thanks Lee! What do you like about it?

I think it's nice to see the people/avatars standing behind their project. Members who decide to leave the project are automatically removed from the homepage. I have some more ideas but maybe we should vote if we continue to push this one or not.

Skip.

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:40 am

Yeah, I agree with your points - it's a more personal touch to see your profile pic there. I like the look of it and it's interesting to see the different avatars, particularly as more are added.

Not sure about having Zook there :?:

Just kidding!
:)
Lee

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next