Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Proactive tamper versus reactive temper ... 
Post Re: Proactive tamper versus reactive temper ...
Quote:
I know you would like to be the peace-maker for this one, but you are not experienced enough to see what's going on. No offense intended.

Ok Chico, it's your baby...just be careful with changing the bath water.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:25 pm
Site Admin

truthunter wrote:
Last I hear from Zook is that he is throwing in the towel. if this is not so, then why don't we give him a chance to say, ''Yeh'' or ''Neh'' and we go from there. What say thou?

I say actions speak louder than words. I look at the actions, while you hear the words. That's where forum experience comes into play.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:27 pm
Quote:
I say actions speak louder than words. I look at the actions, while you hear the words. That's where forum experience comes into play.

Ok, so actions speak louder than mere words. I have become very disturbed at the mob mentality using words that speak of intent on behalf of those who are slamming Zook here...guilty or not. Reminds me of being on Nexus. Is that what Zook is trying to help us see? :o

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:58 am
Site Admin

Look at the actions. The forum (especially the "old-timers") is clearly seeing through Zook's words. The forum is acting, via the polls, to try to convince him to be more respectful. Zook does know how to be respectful, as we've seen it consistently on Avalon and Nexus. Here, however, he is behaving quite differently. Why would that be? Why would Zook act more like a troll, dividing and conquering, and creating empty drama? There's no banning involved here, or censorship, so that can't be it. Is his purpose to damage the forum? It would appear so. Who benefits from this?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:34 am

To complete my participation in this thread, I was going to focus somewhat on the frailty and foibles of Chico ... and perhaps suggest a path to his redemption ... but things are in free fall mode at this point so let me just speak my mind as the thoughts arrive.

Firstly, I've rarely been this disappointed in an internet friend/associate than I have been this past day or two with Chico. I had thought of him as a fair person - and these past few days - as someone being dragged against his wishes into a witch hunt by three mockingbirds of miscreant purpose. I'm not so sure that is the case anymore.

For instance, when I posted my assessments of the three mockingbirds - in keeping with the thread designed to expose proactive tamper - it took Chico 9 hours and 30 minutes to rejoinder with this excoriating attack against my character:
viewtopic.php?p=3708#p3708

Fair enough, an angry man with an axe to grind, operating under the fatal misconception that I am a spy for Nexus ... is allowed his due. Human frailty and foible being what it is. I mean, 30 pieces of silver melted down to be refabbed as an arrowhead aimed at Judas - facts be damned! ... is a metaphor worthy of admiration, even if the reality is less than admiring.

That being said, as oft that Chico speaks of the Golden Rule - and has failed to observe it - Chico also speaks of respect for the messenger when attacking their message. So it is a bit surprising to me that now, some 21+ hours after Andywight made this blatant ad hominem attack against myself:
viewtopic.php?p=3695#p3695

beginExcerpt
Am I correct in stating that you still live with your mother UncleZook?

Don't you think this "tough talk" coming from a 49 year old man who still lives with his mother sounds rather silly?
end

... that Chico remains absolutely silent. Not even a slap on the wrist for his good friend Andywight. Well, not really surprising considering that this has been the rule of Chico's behavior in his moderation of the disagreements between Andy and yours truly. In short, Chico's idea of moderation is to stand behind Andy while the latter has thrown his aspersions around; twisted the factual record; denuded text and distorted context; disrupted this and three other forums regardless of the justness or unjustness of those forums; corralled the sheeple inside the perimeter of confined grazing, e.g. gatekeeping; etc. Chico has also extended the gang colors to DSimon and Mags as well, e.g. each time they let loose on my character. These are cold hard facts, good folks.

I will let the good members ponder on this ... and will tell the rest of Chico's story - as seen from my perspective - in a followup post.

ps: TH, I thank you for your attempt at mediation ... but, as Chico says, you really are operating with a limited set of the background facts; facts that I will reveal in my next post, and which will expose the mockery that ensues when a good man is led around by his own hubris and errant assumptions. FTR, I did throw in the towel for Andy - and Andy only - out of my concern for pummeling a witless wonder who is so transparent in his mischief that one begins to wonder whether transparency in mischief is part of the design of disruption. Again, whether this design is Andy's alone or of cointel blueprint, is anybody's guess.

ps2: And for Andy, yes, I live with my mother as per the custom in my Indian culture. You see, whether rich man or poor man, young man or old man ... it is the duty of the oldest son; or the only son; or when no son - the oldest daughter, or the only daughter ... to return the care we received in young age back to those who had given it to us, e.g. when they become too old and old enough to be like children again. It's the continuity of the cycle of life that my culture has impressed in me ... nothing more, nothing less. But I do understand how social engineering in the western culture has made Andy, and his gang brother, DSimon ... think of the cycle of life in the derogatory way that they do. After all, the social engineers started breaking the family unit many decades ago - when both Andy and DSimon were real toddlers and not just playing ones on alternative forums. And when they broke the family unit up, they did a complete job of it. Splitting husband and wife with ease of access to divorce. Splitting parent and child by overworking the parents so that the children are left alone in latchkey existence and in front of social programming wailboxes and watchboxes. Splitting grandparents from their adult children so that the former feel obliged to wither away in nursing homes and the latter feel obliged to drive them there. Splitting grandparents from grandchildren so that the opportunities to pass on time-enchanted learnings via time-bonding teachings are reduced and many times to a trickle. Etc. Etc. Yes sir, I plead guilty to the charge of living with my mother ... and am very proud to acknowledge the fact.

ps3: Question begs, Andy and Dsimon ... what have you done to resist social engineering?

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 am

UncleZook wrote:
But I do understand how social engineering in the western culture has made Andy, and his gang brother, DSimon

So now you've resorted to insulting my "culture", you're really to much!

Just out of "curiosity" UncleZook does your mother live with you in "You're House" or do you live with her in "her house"?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Last edited by andywight on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 pm

andywight wrote:
UncleZook wrote:
Question begs, Andy and Dsimon ... what have you done to resist social engineering?

So now you've resorted to insulting my "culture", your really to much!

Your culture? You mean, you have culture?? :jest:

Social engineering is not so much a culture as it is a corralling of the meek of mind.

Quote:
Just out of "curiosity" UncleZook does your mother live with you in "You're House" or do you live with her in "her house"?

You've forgotten the third option: do we live together in our house? But let me cut to the end of your wild goose chase ... I live in my late father's house ... so does my mother. Have been living in this arrangement since my Dad passed on ten years go. Mom wouldn't budge from this house, so I was/am obliged - by my culture - to live with her in the house she inherited. My sisters aren't complaining ... so why should you - a banana trapped in the body of a man - and an outsider almost to the point of an alien species ... become so unpeeled by the facts of my housing arrangement ?

My next question back to you, why do you feel it is germane to anything discussed here?

Bear in mind that the Nazis were very detail oriented ... kept a record on most everything. So did the East Germans with their Stasi system of information gathering. Since you're obviously continuing with your messenger mugging ways, I wonder when Chico will weigh in with his self-pumped mantra "attack the message, but not the messenger"? I won't hold my breath.

:jest:

ps: I apologize, TH ... I tried my best to throw in the towel on behalf of Andy's ongoing health issues as a mashed banana ... but he threw it back out of the ring. I guess he was born to be swirled into the batter and be baked.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm
Quote:
ps: I apologize, TH ... I tried my best to throw in the towel on behalf of Andy's ongoing health issues as a mashed banana ... but he threw it back out of the ring. I guess he was born to be swirled into the batter and be baked.

Zook, I am no banana lover, as bananas can be slippery when ''stepped on''. Your beloved banana just PMed me and said he wants nothing more to do with me. I suggest that you send him a similar message and let it be. Only a fool answers a fool, and I would like to see folks become more wise than more foolish.

And banana man, I show Zook no special embrace. If I see anyone here with evil intent...I will be on them like a duck on a June bug. A peacekeeper must also be a assassin of evil, for truth requires defending as sanity must fight against insanity. You can be a brother or you can be the enemy. You refused to call others your brothers, so you have made your bed. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:05 pm

UncleZook wrote:
andywight wrote:
UncleZook wrote:
Question begs, Andy and Dsimon ... what have you done to resist social engineering?

So now you've resorted to insulting my "culture", your really to much!

Your culture? You mean, you have culture?? :jest:

Social engineering is not so much a culture as it is a corralling of the meek of mind.

Quote:

You've forgotten the third option: do we live together in our house? But let me cut to the end of your wild goose chase ... I live in my late father's house ... so does my mother. Have been living in this arrangement since my Dad passed on ten years go. Mom wouldn't budge from this house, so I was/am obliged - by my culture - to live with her in the house she inherited. My sisters aren't complaining ... so why should you - a banana trapped in the body of a man - and an outsider almost to the point of an alien species ... become so unpeeled by the facts of my housing arrangement ?

My next question back to you, why do you feel it is germane to anything discussed here?

Bear in mind that the Nazis were very detail oriented ... kept a record on most everything. So did the East Germans with their Stasi system of information gathering. Since you're obviously continuing with your messenger mugging ways, I wonder when Chico will weigh in with his self-pumped mantra "attack the message, but not the messenger"? I won't hold my breath.

:jest:

You are such a hypocrite. Let me guess your insults because they are delivered with pomp and intellectual circumspection deserve a "special category?" You can refer to people as Screech owls, as being good for a look and nothing else, and you can refer to me as being part fish and part monkey but you are beyond a retort? What if I was African American Zook? Could I then claim you are a rascist as well? :lol:

Seriously are you that thick? Do you not remember those posts you made? Heres a a solution to your problem..... if you live in mama's err I mean a glass house don't cast the first stone. People who live in mama's basement should necessarily have a certain humility about them.

Tell your king and queen that your carrying ons have made Chico's site rock. You know I have come to find that Chico is sincere and as a friend of mine put it "sometimes a bit naive." I have been accused of the same and this is alas a good quality that speaks of true nature and trust..... But Chico would probably never get that a discussion about the merits of consensus would not generate the same response as a thread where Zookie rhetorts and promises another long winded post guaranteed to get him laughed at.... so please tell us how your culture is why you live in the basement

Tell us that Chico is disturbed and insult others, then say you deserve a pass....its thinking like that which makes us never leave the basement, consider that friendly advice of one 40 something to another er hold on a second..... "MA!!! I am getting the pack of Camels and bottle of Gin cool it!!! I am posting to my friend Zookie!" :shock: oopps!!! Never mind heheh. Seriously Zook get out and see the world. and do us with the indignation of one less self important coda to your callousness.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Not even a slap on the wrist for his good friend Andywight. Well, not really surprising considering that this has been the rule of Chico's behavior in his moderation of the disagreements between Andy and yours truly.

UncleZook, as a long-time moderator on other forums with a pyramid power structure, I know you are not used to thinking in this manner, but Chico does not moderate this forum. Members moderate it.

The first problem they have been concerned with is your disrespectful and disingenuous posts. A poll was started by Andy to address this, and last I checked (yesterday), the vote was not in your favor. If you want to blame someone for the moderation here, blame the members.

Quote:
I plead guilty to the charge of living with my mother ... and am very proud to acknowledge the fact.

No slap on Andy's wrist from me is necessary. You have properly defended your living arrangements, effectively slapping Andy on the wrist yourself. Cultural differences are often sources of misunderstandings. Let that be a lesson to us all.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next