Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
What is Utopia? 
Post Re: What is Utopia?
Hi Sandy, I know exactly what you mean about the frustration levels with these fora. They just seem to be talking shops that rehash the same tired old arguments over and over again. I see the same thing happening here already and so in future will be using my time on other projects. We are never going to change the physical world by using a virtual environment.

I now try and live me life by being the change that I want to see and I really don't mind what others might think of me and what I do.
My daughter really lifted my spirits yesterday. She sent me a text saying ""I just did a good deed, you would be so proud of me!". It turns out that a homeless person was asking for money, but my daughter had no cash on her, so she went to a nearby shop and bought some sandwiches and a drink using her card, and went and shared it with the homeless person, but she also sat and talked with him for quite some time.
This one small act shows to me that she has a connection with her heart, it might have been instigated by her head (ego), but her heart took over from there on.......

There is still hope :)

PS, can someone please blow that candle out, it seems to be distracting some people around here ;)

PPS, Is this another forum that we must sign up for life or can someone just quietly cull my membership?

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 am

And here I was thinking we're just getting started. :think:

Sorry to see you go so soon Dukes - I wish you well in your endeavours :)

All the best,
Lee

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:13 am
Site Admin

PS, can someone please blow that candle out, it seems to be distracting some people around here ;)

It's no sin to distract some people around here. In fact, it can be a very good thing. My personal opinion, worth the equivalent of anyone else's personal opinion, is that you are welcome to distract some people around here.

Quote:
PPS, Is this another forum that we must sign up for life or can someone just quietly cull my membership?

If the administration didn't have to bother deleting user accounts (just as it doesn't bother screening new members), it would make forum management much easier. The goal here at United People is to minimize forum management by any hierarchy, and to be a member-directed forum with members moderating each other.

That being said, if you send me a PM confirmation, I will serve you as best I can by complying with your desire to have your account deleted, if that is still your wish.

I, for one, will be sorry to see you leave. I enjoy your contributions.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Sandy, I know exactly what you mean about the frustration levels with these fora. They just seem to be talking shops that rehash the same tired old arguments over and over again. I see the same thing happening here already and so in future will be using my time on other projects. We are never going to change the physical world by using a virtual environment.

I now try and live me life by being the change that I want to see and I really don't mind what others might think of me and what I do.
My daughter really lifted my spirits yesterday. She sent me a text saying ""I just did a good deed, you would be so proud of me!". It turns out that a homeless person was asking for money, but my daughter had no cash on her, so she went to a nearby shop and bought some sandwiches and a drink using her card, and went and shared it with the homeless person, but she also sat and talked with him for quite some time.
This one small act shows to me that she has a connection with her heart, it might have been instigated by her head (ego), but her heart took over from there on.......

There is still hope :)

Hi Dukes,

Thank you for your heart felt response. Your daughter sounds sweet and must be a chip off the old block as they say.

I couldn't agree with you more that forums are now going in circles with all the constant banter about most things that are trivial and basically candy for the intellect. I'm looking for heart sustenance that comes from sharing one's life, struggles, weaknesses, strengths, and personal victories in strengthening one's journey.

I have many heart felt stories to share that may help others and hope to gain the same from others to help me. Most people do not change unless they are affected emotionally and most people need support to do so when the time is right. Otherwise we sit on or suppress what we need to deal with and do not grow spiritually, emotionally or evolve in the deepest way that most of us truly desire>>>>>>>>>>leaving psychopaths to the wayside with loving detachment when necessary.

I hope you stay for awhile at least as this is my plan to see how UP membership's path goes. Maybe because it is quite new and small it will not take the root of never ending circles of new age jargon, theories and conspiracy dogma but just might decide that personal evolution to a greater community cohesiveness and personal support for one another will enhance us all to better handle the coming times.

Thank you again for your honesty and loving energy to stand tall for change that will if given the chance bring Unity to the world. Many Blessings to you and your darling daughter.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:38 am

Sandy .............. best to lead the way

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Really, I would love to hear some of your wise stories as part of a constructive pro-active forum.

Come a plant a seed that you will nuture and watch it grow with loving care.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:01 am

Re: What is Utopia?
Hi G&L,

I will start a thread soon but have just started to navigate my way around UP and need more tech knowledge and know how about starting a thread first.

However I appreciate your encouragement and will accept your feedback and create a thread in the near future

Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3