Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
UncleZook 

UncleZook should be suspended.
Yes 63%  63%  [ 5 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8

UncleZook 
Site Admin

Post Re: UncleZook
OK, 11 members have spoken with 82% consensus (9-2 in favor of suspension). UncleZook is suspended for two days. The suspension will be lifted on April 23, 2012. At that time, his poll will be reset.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:02 am
Site Admin

I had the pleasure of talking with Zook via Skype for nearly 3 hours last night, just after I suspended his account for two days. Zook is the first case of our unique member moderation method being triggered into action. It is my hope that all parties involved in this process will reflect on that process with some critical thought, in order to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of this new, experimental paradigm. A good starting point for this mental review is the Golden Rule, "Do not do to others what you would not want done to you."

Personally, when I think back on the four unjustified permanent bannings I have received, I would have been delighted with such a system, because I believe in every case, I would have never been banned, or even suspended.

Justice and freedom are blood brothers.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:21 pm

I had the pleasure of talking with Zook via Skype for nearly 3 hours last night, just after I suspended his account for two days. Zook is the first case of our unique member moderation method being triggered into action. It is my hope that all parties involved in this process will reflect on that process with some critical thought, in order to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of this new, experimental paradigm. A good starting point for this mental review is the Golden Rule, "Do not do to others what you would not want done to you."

Personally, when I think back on the four unjustified permanent bannings I have received, I would have been delighted with such a system, because I believe in every case, I would have never been banned, or even suspended.

I scrolled past his latest rants because I've had enough of him. I will continue to ignore his rants if he returns but I trust UP's screeching prima dona will secure himself a more hospitable stage to call home.

Sincerely,

Mouse

Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 pm

I scrolled past his latest rants because I've had enough of him. I will continue to ignore his rants if he returns but I trust UP's screeching prima dona will secure himself a more hospitable stage to call home.

Sincerely,

Mouse

Whats more hospitable than mom's BSMT? Zookies schedule of conflicts are as follows:

1) Kiss richard on the bum, on the smelly mouth part, throw celine a bone, tear chico a new bumhole for banning me, fight mama on her failure to raise allowance, and no mom I won;t take the trash out!

Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Quote:
dsimon3387
Whats more hospitable than mom's BSMT? Zookies schedule of conflicts are as follows:

1) Kiss richard on the bum, on the smelly mouth part, throw celine a bone, tear chico a new bumhole for banning me, fight mama on her failure to raise allowance, and no mom I won;t take the trash out!

"ZOOKIE! Go mow the lawn NOW or no lunchables."

Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:39 pm

It's time to suspend UncleZook again, please vote everyone :D

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I voted yes to suspend. :geek:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:38 pm
Site Admin

I just re-read the thread explaining suspension here, and I was pleased to see some posts from Zook that actually contributed useful ideas to the forum. That was strange, as I'm not used to seeing anything of that sort.

We had some good ideas going, and the initial polling system was quite innovative. GW and crew exposed the flaws of that system, which could not account for multiple sockpuppets or an influx of new members with a deliberately destructive agenda.

After that experience, Zook's arguments against polling anonymity have more validity, but unfortunately the forum software only supports anonymous polls. However, we could always use external polling software.

To deal with the problems GW exposed, I proposed limiting "official action" polling to senior members that met certain residency and performance criteria. Only four members met the criteria, and one of those is Zook. With a high-consensus requirement of 80% needed for most polls, and 75% for suspension polls, we arrive at a situation where it may be unworkable to suspend a voting member if they vote against their own suspension. It depends on whether a minimum 75% consensus is needed, or greater than 75% is needed. Three out of four members is exactly 75%, and I suspect that is what the vote to suspend Zook would turn out to be, assuming Zook would even vote.

A second suspension (Zook was already suspended once) is currently set at seven days. Zook regularly disappears for such time periods anyway when things get too hot for him at UP.

On the other hand, Zook's gatekeeping does provide a service, just as GW's antics did, in that it keeps us sharp and vigilant. It also allow us to expose Zook in a public way, which may provide a more useful service to all readers than a suspension does. That is really the key -- how do we maximize the benefits for everyone?

None of the current procedures are set in stone, and if we can improve them, I'm all for it. I do not want UP to follow in the traditional footsteps of Avalon, Nexus, and Universal Spectrum, all of which have clearly failed as genuine truth-seeking forums due to hierarchy, censorship, and lack of transparency. I would prefer that UP lead the way to something much better. For that to happen, we all need to quit following the leaders and become co-leaders. I believe they are typically called "pioneers".

Ideas? Suggestions?

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Yeah I have an idea it's called ignore.. You guys fuckin love the drama be honest. But by responding to drivel to give it power.

lets fucking forget about bloody proof in the pudding crap who cares... we shouldn't be out to say I told you so etc IMO.. we should just have fluid discussions and ideas and hopefully make eachother laugh a little...

Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:22 pm
Site Admin

Talk Shit wrote:
Yeah I have an idea it's called ignore.. You guys fuckin love the drama be honest.

There's a large group of people that adhere to this philosophy. They are known as "sheeple". They don't normally participate in public forums, and when they do, their ideas are quite banal.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next