Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
It's just a ride ... 
Site Admin

Post It's just a ride ...
... down to the bank to deposit some checks.

These are the roads I ride. Pretty familiar, from my perspective. Almost boring. I see this almost every day. But ...

One man's boredom is another man's interest.

So I documented it on the spur of the moment, with the intent of sharing it, for whatever it's worth. A snapshot of an hour of my day.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 am

Post Re: It's just a ride ...
Nice.....

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:16 am

Great post Chico.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:19 am

Thanks Chico...I feel like I went along for the ride... 8-)

Quite arid surroundings, love the mountains...
Lee

Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:33 am
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
Quite arid surroundings, love the mountains...

We're in a drought, actually. I save a lot of my kitchen water by keeping my sink drain plugged and transferring the dirty water to a bucket. Then I carry that water outside and use it on the garden.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:05 am

Nice pics, Chico.

Love the mountain views!

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:33 am

Chico

Wow! I have never seen such shitty development. YOu have this incredible natural landscape and these horrible houses. Must drive you nuts. Its a beautiful area, looks like the Rockies? I have land that we visit in Nevada where there is no housing developments yet (I want to build something green and nice looking) and I have seen some shitty housing in California, but I must say I was taken aback by the houses on your route.

Yeah Nobody wants to farm so they sell the land. Sorry that you have to eal with that as I can imagine the people who buy such houses, they must be peaches! ;)

Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:19 pm
Site Admin

dsimon3387 wrote:
I must say I was taken aback by the houses on your route.

When I moved out of the city in 1986 and came here, this was a sleepy little town of ranches and pasture. I could cross the main road featured in my bicycle travelogue with my eyes closed, because there was no traffic. Heck, it wasn't even a main road. Since then, every open space has been bulldozed, and cookie-cutter houses sprang up like weeds. Crossing the main road is nearly impossible at times, even with the most competitive and daring mindset. The place has been ruined, and money is responsible (from military spending). The city council is bought and paid for, and the best interests of the residents takes a back seat to the best interests of the ruling powers, just like at the state and national levels. As above, so below -- rotten to the core.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:21 pm

My neighborhood has the same infrastructure. It just amazes me how poorly we are treated. Our potential to make our environment symbiotic is the opposite of whats going on. Poverty and mental illness for one, is an open infected wound on society and it is being untreated at the Least Fundamental points of Good Decency and basic human rights. Not to mention the taxation that is cyphing people who are actually working for a living. The early 20th century workers union should be rolling in their graves on how slavery has made a triumphant return with Justice and Conviction as their pillars of reverence. In the US unions are abolished, dissent is squashed and Sadism is appreciated.
This is because were masochistic...

The only way to cover this lie up is to declare war, to cause enough of a distraction. And thats what the War is for. Distraction..
A means to an end...

And an Idealist end too, undefined and unapproachable for debate.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:10 pm

dsimon3387 wrote:
I must say I was taken aback by the houses on your route.

When I moved out of the city in 1986 and came here, this was a sleepy little town of ranches and pasture. I could cross the main road featured in my bicycle travelogue with my eyes closed, because there was no traffic. Heck, it wasn't even a main road. Since then, every open space has been bulldozed, and cookie-cutter houses sprang up like weeds. Crossing the main road is nearly impossible at times, even with the most competitive and daring mindset. The place has been ruined, and money is responsible (from military spending). The city council is bought and paid for, and the best interests of the residents takes a back seat to the best interests of the ruling powers, just like at the state and national levels. As above, so below -- rotten to the core.

thats how they do it. California was like that years ago as well.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next