Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Group sociopathy 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Group sociopathy
As bad as individual sociopathy is, there is an even worse level -- group sociopathy. When sociopaths form groups, regardless of the psychology of the individuals in the group, the entire group can become sociopathic. In this manner, entire populations of normal people become influenced to mimic the behaviors of individual sociopaths. Of course, this requires that the group leaders be sociopaths, but that is the natural progression of sociopaths in society. Because of their unique combination of human traits, sociopaths naturally rise to the top of any human hierarchical organization. There they guide the group policy and shape it to their own selfish desires through cunning deception and manipulation. They consolidate power and control over the group until any change in the status quo of the group leadership becomes nearly impossible.

I have already pointed out this effect for groups as innocuous as online discussion forums. I have noted it for particular groups like fundamentalist Mormons, Scientologists, and Zionist Jews. I have also pointed to it in the intelligence agencies like the CIA, NSA, FBI, and Mossad. It occurs in government itself and can be seen in the operations of Congress or the Executive branch of the United States government. It occurs in media, where control of the flow of information becomes a vital choke point in controlling the minds of the masses. It occurs in business, where focus on monetary profits causes all manner of self-destructive decisions to be made that are harmful to other groups, other nations, and even to the entire biosphere of the planet (witness the business of nuclear energy, which produced open-air atomic bomb testing, Chernobyl, Fukushima, and many other environmental disasters).

It turns out that humanity's biggest problems are rooted in group sociopathy. Why? Because humans form a group called humanity. Sociopaths naturally rise to the top of that group, to the top of human hierarchy. Sociopaths set group policy according to their own deviant agendas that are far removed from the best interests of the bulk of humanity. Sociopaths lock in their power and control over humanity through cunning systems like the monetary system, religious beliefs, endless cycles of fear / war (conflict), and information control (propaganda, secrecy, mind control, etc.). The currently existing result is that for millennia, the evolution and spiritual / moral growth of humanity has been stunted, and it is now at such a base level that we are on the precipice of our own extinction by our own hand.

Group survival, meaning the survival of humanity, is now the issue. I can't think of a more pressing problem that humanity needs to solve. And the solution lies with the identification and management of sociopaths. The need for this solution has never really been identified, has never really been clearly articulated, has never really been taught, and has never really been deliberately attempted. It may be the defining hurdle that any advanced life form must successfully navigate to avoid extinction. We, humanity, are facing that hurdle right now. We have achieved the technological proficiency that allows us to destroy all life on a planetary scale. Sociopaths -- the "morally insane", the most uncaring and irresponsible among us, the most devious, the most dishonest, the most secretive, the most disingenuous, the most hypocritical -- control the self-destruct button. And they want ever more power, and ever more control, and ever more obedience from the rest of us. The situation will either reach criticality, or mistakes will be made, and the button will be pushed.

What are we going to do about it? Do we just roll over and die out, or do we take steps to live and thrive?

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:44 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
Quote:
With thousands of tons of American explosive and incendiary bombs by day and English bombs by night, Hamburg, Pforzheim, Kassel, Mainz, and a hundred and forty-six other German cities were all reduced to fiery rubble.

Can politicians who target civilians with bombs be called human? If so, the human race has a criminally insane element within its midst, leading us all into acts of criminal insanity. -- source

The criminally insane element we are talking about here is the group of organized sociopaths that rules the world. They are the morally insane. They kill without shame, without responsibility, and without care. They feel no empathy for others. They are the monsters of humanity, and they set the policies that we foolishly follow, because they trick us with lies and deception.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
As bad as individual sociopathy is, there is an even worse level -- group sociopathy. When sociopaths form groups, regardless of the psychology of the individuals in the group, the entire group can become sociopathic. In this manner, entire populations of normal people become influenced to mimic the behaviors of individual sociopaths. Of course, this requires that the group leaders be sociopaths, but that is the natural progression of sociopaths in society. Because of their unique combination of human traits, sociopaths naturally rise to the top of any human hierarchical organization. There they guide the group policy and shape it to their own selfish desires through cunning deception and manipulation. They consolidate power and control over the group until any change in the status quo of the group leadership becomes nearly impossible.


The king of fifth column bullshit - Chico of La Mancha - strikes yet again.

FWIW, individual sociopathy has never been anything other than a localized problem in the long march of human history through the sundry regions and cultures that contributed to this history. The bad seeds have always existed and impacted the local scene. Just like the good seeds. In between, the intermediate seeds comprising the bulk of the local population, did their thing.

That said, the serious problems that we face today are not a result of the existence of bad seeds, or good seeds, or intermediate seeds ... but of organization. Local societies have been corrupted by small scale organization. The global society has been corrupted by large scale organization. Period.

The specific problem of full spectrum dominance has been several centuries in the brewing. Its ominous spectre today is the result of specific large scale organization initiated by the original Rothschild banksters. In earlier incarnations, this organization was small scale. Over time, however, this organization has become larger and larger. It is now so large that it is virtually unstoppable given our current state of human awareness and courage. I say virtually unstoppable because, had we the desire to be a more enlightened species and/or a more courageous species, then there is still time to stop the sinister plans for full spectrum dominance.

To illustrate our plight, the following youtube video shows our potential to take back our planet. But first we must lose our cowardice and/or our comfort zones and gain some awareness about what's at stake.

Fact is, we are much bigger than those who control and enslave us, and much more powerful, but most of us are also much too unperturbed by the status quo of advancing evil and retreating ethics. Unless we turn the worm around, and soon, there'll be nothing left worth saving, much less saving.


Battle at Kruger


Poetic justice is being delivered as Chico has been forced to concede (by superior arguments) that organization is the grave enemy that we all face. Of course, being a congenital liar and fifth column troll, Chico continues to invent ways to keep the term sociopathy in the conversation. His new ploy is to repackage organization as group sociopathy.

:jest:


Pax

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:40 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
Thanks, Zook! I haven't had a laugh all day, and you just gave me one. Muchas gracias!

UncleZook wrote:
FWIW, individual sociopathy has never been anything other than a localized problem in the long march of human history through the sundry regions and cultures that contributed to this history.

Sorry, that's just plain wrong. Was Julius Caesar just a "localized problem"? Heck no! Through the organization that he commanded, he was a regional problem, a national problem, and in today's world, he would have been a global problem. Much like Obama the puppet, only worse, because Caesar was no puppet.

UncleZook wrote:
That said, the serious problems that we face today are not a result of the existence of bad seeds, or good seeds, or intermediate seeds ... but of organization.

Missed again, Zook. Sociopaths are dangerous because of their psychology. True, should sociopaths organize, they become even more dangerous as a group, but that danger is still derived from their psychology. You can't blame it on organizing. If you could, then organizations of non-sociopaths would also become more dangerous as a group, but they don't, because they weren't dangerous to begin with.

UncleZook wrote:
The specific problem of full spectrum dominance has been several centuries in the brewing. Its ominous spectre today is the result of specific large scale organization initiated by the original Rothschild banksters. In earlier incarnations, this organization was small scale. Over time, however, this organization has become larger and larger. It is now so large that it is virtually unstoppable given our current state of human awareness and courage.

That's wrong, too. The organization of Rothschild banksters has grown, but it is still minuscule compared to the rest of the world, which has also grown. The Rothschild organization is virtually unstoppable not because the organization is so large, because it is not large at all. It is virtually unstoppable because the organization's power and control has grown. They have gained control over the global monetary system, and that is global power.

UncleZook wrote:
Fact is, we are much bigger than those who control and enslave us, and much more powerful, but most of us are also much too unperturbed by the status quo of advancing evil and retreating ethics. Unless we turn the worm around, and soon, there'll be nothing left worth saving, much less saving.

And here you finally got one right! Well, mostly right, anyway. It's not simply that we are "much too unperturbed by the status quo of advancing evil and retreating ethics." That's a gross oversimplification, but then, that's your strength. We are also brainwashed, mind controlled, fooled, tricked, deceived, and cheated. And that's being done to us by the organized sociopaths. It's also done to us by individual sociopaths, but like I said, when sociopaths organize, they are far more dangerous as a group, because the whole becomes greater than the sum of the parts.

UncleZook wrote:
Poetic justice is being delivered as Chico has been forced to concede (by superior arguments) that organization is the grave enemy that we all face. Of course, being a congenital liar and fifth column troll, Chico continues to invent ways to keep the term sociopathy in the conversation. His new ploy is to repackage organization as group sociopathy.

You had best make those superior arguments before you declare victory, my dear conceited Zook. I'm sure in your sociopathic mind, you believe you already have made them, but as we have just witnessed, it just ain't so.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
Quote:
Three members of the Royal Institute for International Affairs in London led the way in the initial manipulation of public opinion; Lord Northcliffe, Lord Rothermere and Arnold Toynbee. They were aided by two Americans, Edward Bernays and Walter Lippmann, dispatched to London in 1914 to work out the techniques to bring about the support of the unthinking masses in both Britain and the United States, which would cause the young men especially to want to throw their bodies on the bayonets of the “fearful Hun,” as the Germans were called by the propagandists during World War I.

From this talented group of specialists emerged an astounding revelation: only a very small group – something on the order of 13% of any given population – will make use of a rational thought process when confronting a problem, as opposed to 87% who will merely pass an opinion on it. This applies to such grave matters as waging war, as well as to any other problem facing humanity.

It is based on the fact that the human mind has a limited capacity of thought; only so many problems and matters of personal concern can occupy one person’s conscious thought. As a new concern enters, an existing one must leave. What is true for the individual is also true for a society. John Naisbitt outlines this process in his methodology “Trend Report” which was developed for a string of clients, such as General Motors, Chase Manhattan Bank, the White House and the Harris polls.10 -- Barbarians Inside the Gates, Page 242

Here we can note that public opinion about waging global war in 1914 was being guided by the experts in group mind control, Bernays and Lippmann.

Also of note are the percentages concerning who can think independently, and who will be steered by the mind control techniques of the experts. These percentages are nearly the same as the proportions I came to in my analysis of how the world works, where 80% of the population are Followers, and 9% are Independents. If you consider the Minions to be followers of the Sociopaths, which they are, and the Sociopaths to be malevolent independent thinkers, which they are, then you arrive at a 90% versus 10% split between dependent and independent thinkers.

And finally, we see additional support for the idea that individual sociopathy becomes group sociopathy for any groups led by sociopaths (and most groups are). If 87% of the group members can be effectively steered into alignment with the policies and agendas set by the sociopathic leaders, then the sociopathy of the leaders becomes the sociopathy of the group.

When the sociopathy of the leaders becomes the sociopathy of the groups they lead, we can realize the enormity of the problem humanity faces. Group sociopathy is THE defining problem of our species.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:43 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Posts: 1400
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
Thanks, Zook! I haven't had a laugh all day, and you just gave me one. Muchas gracias!

UncleZook wrote:
FWIW, individual sociopathy has never been anything other than a localized problem in the long march of human history through the sundry regions and cultures that contributed to this history.

Sorry, that's just plain wrong. Was Julius Caesar just a "localized problem"? Heck no! Through the organization that he commanded, he was a regional problem, a national problem, and in today's world, he would have been a global problem. Much like Obama the puppet, only worse, because Caesar was no puppet.


Caesar was no puppet, true enough. He was a sociopath in every sense of the modern coinage for bad seeds. But he did no notable damage until he started to organize. The problem then originates in the lack of containing authority, e.g. that would have confined Caesar's ambition for power before it became noteworthy.
Absent this containing authority, Caesar began organizing larger and larger structures of control.

The tyrant and the tyranny were both conceived by the mother of unchecked bad seed ambitions.

The metaphor of the manicured lawn and the wild weeds that seek to overrun it periodically ... is a study of both the eternal vigilance required by the gardener and the consequences of vacating the task of periodically pruning wild weed ambitions. Caesar was never pruned. He outgrew the garden charter. The night of the ill-designed, hastily-forged temporary pruning tools - and total uprooting - was the only thing that finally stopped Caesar.

Alas, two thousand years later, we still don't have top quality precision-engineered semi-permanent pruning tools to deal with modern Caesars. Indeed, the modern Caesars themselves have become mere wooden puppets, their motion entirely governed by the collective shadowed power of sinister self-interested Cassiuses, Treboniuses, Cascas ... and yes, even honorable Brutuses.

And that is the sad state of modern human organization. It continues on today as it had existed in Caesar's time, without transparency, without effective pruning tools, without meaningful public input, without a container to confine bad seed ambitions.


Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
That said, the serious problems that we face today are not a result of the existence of bad seeds, or good seeds, or intermediate seeds ... but of organization.

Missed again, Zook. Sociopaths are dangerous because of their psychology. True, should sociopaths organize, they become even more dangerous as a group, but that danger is still derived from their psychology. You can't blame it on organizing. If you could, then organizations of non-sociopaths would also become more dangerous as a group, but they don't, because they weren't dangerous to begin with.


Stop your silliness, Chico. Organization doesn't happen by itself. It requires voluntary effort.

A voluntary organization of nonsociopaths is not as susceptible to absolute corruption as a voluntary organization of sociopaths, but neither is it immune to corruption. Nonsociopaths can and do get temporarily damaged in the wrong circumstances. Sociopaths, OTOH, are either born damaged or get permanently damaged along the way. That said, lynch mobs only require a few sociopathic individuals to excite the bulk of the mob (which is generally nonsociopathic in normal circumstances).

Mobs incited by a few well-positioned sociopaths steering a bulk of nonsociopaths, are not a lasting threat because the organization is temporary.

By contrast, tribes inculcated with xenophobic conditioning can last indefinitely. Tribes, too, manifest a mob ratio of minority sociopathic leadership to majority nonsociopathic membership. Even the putative pyramid consisting entirely of Zionists is structured with a capstone comprised of sociopathic Zionists administering over a middle ziggurath and bottom base of mostly nonsociopathic Zionists.

The mob ratio is clearly observable, Chico, which then makes mockery of your claim that psychology (which does not produce ratios) is the immediate danger that we all face. Organization does indeed produce the mob ratio. Indeed, the bigger the organization the more prominent the mob ratio (just like any other statistical result). Moreover, the majority of sociopaths exist without notable organization and they exist without creating notable problems ... and that is additional proof that organization, not psychology, is the dire problem that we all face.

Zimbardo confirms as much when he discovered that most evil derives from hierarchy. Hierarchy is a form of organization, not psychology.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
The specific problem of full spectrum dominance has been several centuries in the brewing. Its ominous spectre today is the result of specific large scale organization initiated by the original Rothschild banksters. In earlier incarnations, this organization was small scale. Over time, however, this organization has become larger and larger. It is now so large that it is virtually unstoppable given our current state of human awareness and courage.

That's wrong, too. The organization of Rothschild banksters has grown, but it is still minuscule compared to the rest of the world, which has also grown. The Rothschild organization is virtually unstoppable not because the organization is so large, because it is not large at all. It is virtually unstoppable because the organization's power and control has grown. They have gained control over the global monetary system, and that is global power.


Semantic sidestep. From one side of the mouth, you claim that the Rothschild organization is small; then a half-second later and two inches over, from the other side of your mouth, you claim that the organization's power and control has grown. Hey, cupid, the scale and scope of power is measured by what one controls, not by the physical size of one's mass. The proverbial mouse is tiny next to the proverbial elephant, but the former can make the latter move and make all kinds of frightened noises.

Applying the metaphor, we find that the Rothschild organization has grown in its ability to control to a point of virtual unstoppability ... because we the elephants have never fully appreciated the strength of our own size and power. We dance to the mouse's tune. Indeed, my remark about the Rothschild organization getting bigger and bigger is properly interpreted when understood as the Rothschild organization gaining more and more control.

I mean, who the truck really knows what the physical size of the Rothschild organization is? Do you? Do you really expect myself or any other objective researcher to know the physical size? Or has your semantic slithering gotten you trapped on the rubber of silly comments? Be careful you don't get snakeskin burn.


Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
Fact is, we are much bigger than those who control and enslave us, and much more powerful, but most of us are also much too unperturbed by the status quo of advancing evil and retreating ethics. Unless we turn the worm around, and soon, there'll be nothing left worth saving, much less saving.

And here you finally got one right! Well, mostly right, anyway. It's not simply that we are "much too unperturbed by the status quo of advancing evil and retreating ethics." That's a gross oversimplification, but then, that's your strength. We are also brainwashed, mind controlled, fooled, tricked, deceived, and cheated. And that's being done to us by the organized sociopaths. It's also done to us by individual sociopaths, but like I said, when sociopaths organize, they are far more dangerous as a group, because the whole becomes greater than the sum of the parts.


Ultimately, I have gotten you to concede that organization is at least partially responsible for the crisis we face today. Your ongoing refusal to let go of the idiotic view that psychology is primarily responsible is a testament to either your stupidity or your fifth column turpitude, or both. Objective readers can distinguish superior arguments from inferior arguments. I will leave it at that.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
Poetic justice is being delivered as Chico has been forced to concede (by superior arguments) that organization is the grave enemy that we all face. Of course, being a congenital liar and fifth column troll, Chico continues to invent ways to keep the term sociopathy in the conversation. His new ploy is to repackage organization as group sociopathy.

You had best make those superior arguments before you declare victory, my dear conceited Zook. I'm sure in your sociopathic mind, you believe you already have made them, but as we have just witnessed, it just ain't so.


No conceit required, Chico. I've written my arguments in English. So the only thing required for those having trouble understanding my arguments, is an English dictionary.

Pax

ps: I do find humor in the insinuation of conceit. Indeed, rarely are those that radiate virtue - in any degree - left unaccosted by those lounging on the comfort pillows of mediocrity. so be it.

_________________
Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.


Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:45 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
UncleZook wrote:
But he did no notable damage until he started to organize. The problem then originates in the lack of containing authority, e.g. that would have confined Caesar's ambition for power before it became noteworthy.

Wrong again, Zook. First of all, you have no idea of the damage Caesar may have done before he arrived at the pinnacle of power. Neither do I. History is notably incomplete, vague, twisted, and incorrect. Secondly, the power structure or organization was already in place long before Caesar was born. If things went bad with Caesar in the driver's seat, it's because of the driver, not the vehicle (organization).

UncleZook wrote:
Stop your silliness, Chico. Organization doesn't happen by itself. It requires voluntary effort.

That's your typical, deceptive, straw man argument, Zook. Shame on you. Nowhere did I say organization happens by itself. But, in fact, it can. Have you ever seen a snow flake? How about a sand dune or an ocean wave? A quartz crystal? How about a star or a solar system or a galaxy? So not only are you a conniving deceiver, you are also wrong again!

UncleZook wrote:
That said, lynch mobs only require a few sociopathic individuals to excite the bulk of the mob (which is generally nonsociopathic in normal circumstances).

And that is the essence of the idea of group sociopathy that I laid out in my opening post, which you proceeded to belittle and denigrate to the best of your ability. Shame on you once again. Now you are making essentially the same point I did that you exclaimed was "bullshit". What hypocrisy. And you do this out in the open with absolutely no shame! Only sociopaths behave like this.

UncleZook wrote:
Mobs incited by a few well-positioned sociopaths steering a bulk of nonsociopaths, are not a lasting threat because the organization is temporary.

The mob may be short-lived, but the inciters of the mob, the sociopaths, are much more permanent. They can reform the mob as needed.

UncleZook wrote:
The mob ratio is clearly observable, Chico, which then makes mockery of your claim that psychology (which does not produce ratios) is the immediate danger that we all face.

Now that is deceptive Zook-e-pi BS. The mob ratio you speak of is the ratio of sociopaths to nonsociopaths. That's a ratio psychology produced, my dear deceptive Zook.

UncleZook wrote:
Zimbardo confirms as much when he discovered that most evil derives from hierarchy. Hierarchy is a form of organization, not psychology.

You've already been shot down on that idiotic notion of yours.

UncleZook wrote:
From one side of the mouth, you claim that the Rothschild organization is small; then a half-second later and two inches over, from the other side of your mouth, you claim that the organization's power and control has grown.

You follow this up by saying the very same thing (a small organization with great power), so why am I described as speaking out of the corners of my mouth, but you are not?

UncleZook wrote:
I mean, who the truck really knows what the physical size of the Rothschild organization is? Do you?

It's small. In 1800, it was five brothers and their father. They work hard to keep the money (and power) in the family. Naturally, the family is bigger now, and loyal Minions have been employed to serve their masters in the pursuit of even more power and control. But that power and control is concentrated in very few hands, probably less than 500 people.

UncleZook wrote:
Ultimately, I have gotten you to concede that organization is at least partially responsible for the crisis we face today.

No, it is you who has come to accept what you initially ridiculed. You even stated, "That said, lynch mobs only require a few sociopathic individuals to excite the bulk of the mob (which is generally nonsociopathic in normal circumstances)." That is the same group sociopathy that I described in my opening post.

UncleZook wrote:
Your ongoing refusal to let go of the idiotic view that psychology is primarily responsible is a testament to either your stupidity or your fifth column turpitude, or both. Objective readers can distinguish superior arguments from inferior arguments. I will leave it at that.

But of course, my deceptive little Zook.

UncleZook wrote:
So the only thing required for those having trouble understanding my arguments, is an English dictionary.

But didn't you just say, "Objective readers can distinguish superior arguments from inferior arguments"? Oh, I get it, you are trying to shame the reader into feeling stupid if they think your arguments are nonsensical. That's a nice sociopathic touch, your Majesty, both deceptive and manipulative.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:32 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
The situation will either reach criticality, or mistakes will be made, and the button will be pushed.

The news article below claims 13 examples in the last 70 years where mistakes were made and the button was almost pushed.

Quote:
These are some of the incidents that illustrate how close the world has come to accidental nuclear apocalypse:

Washington, June 1980 A faulty computer chip triggered a nuclear attack warning on the US, giving the impression that more than 2,000 Soviet missiles were on the way.

Cuba, October 1962 Four nuclear-armed Soviet submarines were deployed in the Sargasso Sea at the height of the Cuban missile crisis. US warships had warned Moscow that they would be practising dropping depth charges, but the message did not reach the submarines. With his communications cut off and believing himself under attack, one commander ordered a launch of nuclear warheads, declaring: "We're going to blast them now." He was persuaded to desist by his second-in-command.

Soviet Union, September 1983 Shortly after midnight on 25 September an alert sounded at a Soviet satellite early warning station. The data suggested five intercontinental ballistic missiles were heading towards the country. Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Yevgrafovich defied protocol by not reporting the incident to his superior, gambling that it was a false alarm. It turned out that sunlight glinting off US territory had confused the satellite.

Russia, January 1995 On 25 January Norwegian scientists launched a Black Brant rocket to study the aurora borealis over the Svalbard region. They warned Moscow but the message never reached the radar operators at the Russian early warning stations, who mistook the rocket for an incoming Trident submarine-launched missile. President Boris Yeltsin was discussing his decision with his top military commander when the rocket fell wide of Soviet territory. -- source


So far, we have been very lucky. I wonder how long our luck will hold. Look how things have turned out with the "peaceful" nuclear power industry. We've had Chernobyl, Fukushima (continuous for over five years now), and dozens of other accidents that they won't even tell us about. They only tell us about the accidents when they simply can't hide them, meaning ironically when they are "too big to hide"! Shades of the bank bail-out!

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:51 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
Quote:
Some states also behave like psychopaths among nations. The USA is such a state, with a “pathology of power” (the title of Norman Cousins’s 1987 book) probably related to the degree of psychopathy of the men in charge. Behind the mask of sanity and morality displayed by the US on the world’s stage, there is a “deep state” moved by an insatiable thirst for power and uninhibited by any moral conscience or empathy; this pathological deep state is today in almost complete control of US foreign policy. -- source

Groups led by sociopaths exhibit sociopathic traits. And why wouldn't they? They follow the leadership of sociopaths!

Group sociopathy is inevitable when we are fooled into making sociopaths our leaders. The United States is a perfect example. Every president since Kennedy has been a clear sociopath or an eager minion obeying bigger sociopaths. Because U.S. leaders have been sociopathic, the American nation has been led into criminal endeavors and criminal wars that neutral observers who have empathy cannot fail to recognize. Vietnam was one, and Iraq was two more. It continues today with Afghanistan, Libya, the Ukraine, and Syria. 90% of Americans are not sociopaths, but if we are judged as a nation, we are without a doubt extremely sociopathic. Why? Because sociopaths lead us.

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Sun May 13, 2018 5:31 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 9015
Reply with quote
Post Re: Group sociopathy
Quote:
Can a nation be a psychopath?

According to one expert on political psychopathy, Andrzej Lobaczewski, the answer is yes. Whole nations, even international political movements, can exhibit behavior that parallels that of psychopathic individuals.

Lobaczewski, a Polish psychiatrist, diagnosed psychopathic symptoms among the Communist-era leadership. He argued that individuals with personality disorders, especially psychopathy, tend to gravitate to positions of power, which can set off a contagion in which the entire regime takes on psychopathic characteristics. -- source

Lobaczewski, of course, is the expert when it comes to sociopathy. He wrote the book. His incredible life story has been the subject of many posts in this forum ( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ).

Quote:
In [url=https://www.amazon.com/Political-Ponerology-Science-Adjusted-Purposes/dp/1897244479[/url], Lobaczewski describes in detail – and his own life and the story of his struggles to research and publish on the topic of ponerology are telling examples of – the myriad of ways that the pathological employ their power to drown out potential dissent, especially by the most insightful normals, by:

  • Painting those who ask certain questions about psychological issues as unwelcome troublemakers
  • Persecuting those who try to help victims or others become aware of the pathocrats’ actual values, plans and goals - This may involve manipulatively charging them with hypocrisy based upon a false equivalence between normals’ efforts to accurately label the pathological in order to facilitate extremely necessary defense and protection of the vulnerable and the pathologicals’ own ploy of spuriously labeling anyone failing to submit to their wishes as a dangerous agitator, if not pathological themselves.
  • Even perverting scientific institutions and the mental health and educational systems
-- [url=http://www.systemsthinker.com/interests/ponerology/]source[/url]


Group sociopathy is a real phenomenon. I didn't just imagine it. It plays a primary role in the functioning of the human world. If you don't understand both sociopaths and group sociopathy, you cannot arrive at a correct understanding of the human condition.




Sott.net Interview with Andrew Lobaczewski Author of Political Ponerology
(duration 45:18)

_________________
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.


Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.