Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Economic pathology 
Site Admin

Post Re: Economic pathology
I just watched "Zeitgeist Addendum" again, and I am still amazed by the wisdom it contains.

To change the world, you must change yourself. How many times have I heard that? I haven't counted. How many times did I understand it? None. Now I think I do.

What is it I must change about myself? I must change my mind. Happily, that is exactly what I have been doing over the last decade.

Change your mind!

That's not what we usually hear. What we heard in the mind-bending movie The Matrix is "Free your mind." Your mind is coerced, influenced, brainwashed, entrained, programmed, and controlled. Freeing your mind from all of that requires you to change your mind. Zeitgeist Addendum helped me realize that.

Some notes on the video:

Is our society built around efficiency, sustainability, and abundance, as it should be? No. Our society is built around the exact opposite -- waste, planned obsolescence, and scarcity. (1:08)

Quote:
Morpheus: "You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, when you go to church, when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Neo: "What truth?"

Morpheus: "That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or taste or touch, a prison for your mind." -- source

1:35 "For being wrong is erroneously associated with failure. When in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it is elevating someone to a new level of understanding, furthering awareness."

1:50 "We must stop supporting the system."

How? The easiest first step is to stop borrowing money! Zeitgeist Addendum recommends:

1. Boycott Citibank, Chase, and Bank of America

2. Boycott the TV.

3. Boycott the military.

4. Boycott the energy companies.

5. Reject the political system.

That is the very trend line my life has been following for the last ten years.

1:58 "To understand is to transform what is."

Because understanding will cause you to change your mind. Changing your mind is the beginning of transforming the world.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:16 am

Funny to see that you have been developing these insights, about changing the mind, transforming it. In recent years, I've discovered that some ancient knowledge about the inner workings of the mind have been safely guarded behind the himalayas through teacher-student transmissions. If it's about controlling the mind after all, then we better should take control of our mind ourselves.

http://chronicleproject.com/CTRlibrary/meditation/med_talk5.html

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:11 am
Site Admin

skippy wrote:
Funny to see that you have been developing these insights, about changing the mind, transforming it.

I'm still learning (and hopefully always will be), and I like to share that experience.

Learning is part of the process of changing your mind, and we all recognize the value of learning. What we choose to learn is also critical. For example, learning all the details about the current state of American football essentially brings negative value to the process of changing your mind. We want positive value. Note that a lot of the learning we do is not chosen. It is imposed on us. That should be a huge red flag. Imposed learning is not real learning. It is control.

skippy wrote:
If it's about controlling the mind after all, then we better should take control of our mind ourselves.

In order to change our own mind, we have to exert some degree of control over it. You could say that whoever is changing our mind is controlling it. Who do we want that controller to be? You could also say that whoever is preventing our mind from changing has control over it. A static mind, a closed mind, is already quite controlled. This is the problem of religious faith, or political faith, or patriotic zeal (faith). All faith is apparently debilitating.

Thanks for the video, which I haven't watched yet, but I will soon.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Quote:
All faith is apparently debilitating.

The irony is you are pointing to a closed mind, then context all faith as debilitating. This is an oversimplification and a trap of the five sense science, woefully known by social engineers I'm afraid. This points to our disconnection of feeling and may I say it, our lack of attunement to the pineal gland. It is by no coincidence this perspective can be arrogantly dismissed by science, or shall I dare say it, rational people of discourse. I cannot point to a more fluttering notion then this, but I digress.

Atheistic science is pathology manifest from this POV. That is, using this mechanism to actualize reality. This notion, should be even more significant when science itself points to reality as a quantum super positioned field. This is the big Conn...

The horrid problem is that we are so far in debt, so far conditioned to be in this poverty, that the very idea of freedom is condemned in any academic field or any tradition for that matter.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:05 pm
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
The irony is you are pointing to a closed mind, then context all faith as debilitating.

My thinking here is that faith is another representation of certainty. The faithful are certain that their beliefs are right. All ideas to the contrary are met with "Keep the faith", "Have faith", "Trust in God", etc. When faith short-circuits the process of learning, I would say it is debilitating. However, suppose faith prevents you from learning false information that is harmful. In that case it is not debilitating, but beneficial. But that's kind of a fluke, an atypical situation. Nevertheless, it shows that faith can be beneficial, but when you weigh everything, it seems to do much more harm than good.

magamud wrote:
This is an oversimplification and a trap of the five sense science, woefully known by social engineers I'm afraid.

Yes, I know it is an oversimplification, but I think it is more accurate than not. Faith is not necessary to realize that there is much more to be discovered that lies outside the five-sense paradigm. And by faith I mean the belief that you have no need to change your beliefs, because they are already correct.

magamud wrote:
This points to our disconnection of feeling and may I say it, our lack of attunement to the pineal gland.

Are you saying we cannot feel without faith?

magamud wrote:
It is by no coincidence this perspective can be arrogantly dismissed by science, or shall I dare say it, rational people of discourse. I cannot point to a more fluttering notion then this, but I digress.

Please continue to digress. I would like to understand what you are saying here. Which perspective can be arrogantly dismissed by science and rational people of discourse? Faith? Personally, I prefer to question everything and dismiss nothing, but that too is an oversimplification, and again more accurate than not, at least according to my faith, which is not very strong.

magamud wrote:
Atheistic science is pathology manifest from this POV. That is, using this mechanism to actualize reality.

Science relies on observing and measuring things, and not all things can be observed or measured. So science cannot describe or accommodate all of reality. Science has its limitations, and one of those limitations is that it is being done by humans. Humans are quite possibly insane.

magamud wrote:
The horrid problem is that we are so far in debt, so far conditioned to be in this poverty, that the very idea of freedom is condemned in any academic field or any tradition for that matter.

Yes, by definition the ignorant are ignorant of their ignorance, and we are all ignorant. It's not much to work with, but it's all we have.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 pm

Quote:
Are you saying we cannot feel without faith?

Yes, in the context that our 5 senses have been hijacked. So feeling or what you called faith is a means to avoid the enslavement. Just a thought.

Quote:
So science cannot describe or accommodate all of reality. Science has its limitations, and one of those limitations is that it is being done by humans. Humans are quite possibly insane.

Thanks for distilling this point further. The point being, how much of our human culture is led by science? Perhaps 80%? Maybe more? In other words, as people are led by the mass media, so is our culture led by science. And its getting worse. The box of reality is getting smaller and smaller as science gets more and more powerful.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:33 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
Yes, in the context that our 5 senses have been hijacked.

So you are saying that what we feel when our five senses are hijacked is different from what we feel when they are not hijacked, i.e. when we have faith. I would counter that when you have faith, your five senses have also been hijacked, and yes, what you feel is different, but it is still only a shadow of what it would be if your five senses were properly interpreted. Even then, we still have the problem of the five senses being imperfect, prone to illusion, and also very limited, unresponsive to a vast proportion of the energy spectrum. But even with that being the case, it is our interpretation of our sensory input that is being hijacked. We are told that "when you feel this, it means ______." That is where the mind control comes into play.

magamud wrote:
So feeling or what you called faith is a means to avoid the enslavement. Just a thought.

I'm suggesting that faith is a tool used to march us down a path to enslavement, just as certainty is. To be free, you must question, and that requires uncertainty.

magamud wrote:
Thanks for distilling this point further. The point being, how much of our human culture is led by science? Perhaps 80%? Maybe more? In other words, as people are led by the mass media, so is our culture led by science. And its getting worse. The box of reality is getting smaller and smaller as science gets more and more powerful.

Zeitgeist Addendum suggests that technology is the foundation for solving human problems, and I believe this is correct, if technology is indeed used for that purpose. As you well know, it currently is not used for that purpose. It is being used to enslave us. Technology is based upon science, and science has great utility. But both science and technology have been hijacked by the ruling sociopaths via their impressively powerful tool called money. They use science and technology for their own selfish benefit (to enhance their power and control over us), which is why so much of leading-edge science is classified and compartmentalized instead of being openly shared. It is not science or technology that is bad. It is the ruling sociopaths that are bad. When I said humans are possibly insane, it is because the most insidiously insane among us, the morally insane (the sociopaths), are leading us, and most of the rest of humanity have been tricked into following them.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:54 am
Site Admin

I took some notes as I watched the video:

"The mind doesn't exist at all." (This is quite the contrast to DesCartes' "I think, therefore I am.")

"The phenomena world is not there. It doesn't exist. You don't exist either."

"We must understand that we have nothing to understand."

"We're not trying to be, because there is nothing to be."

What did I get out of this video? Nothing. What I got out of it does not exist. :lol:

Skippy, help me out here. What am I missing? I hope you're not going to say "Nothing."

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:55 am
Site Admin

Why does our sorry history repeat? Because the ruling sociopaths that lead humanity repeat the same destructive behaviors.

Quote:
In the beginning, the British knew how much their prosperity depended on the fact that they were ahead of any other country in the commercial utilization of technology. As early as 1781, they banned the export of high-tech fabric-making machines and "any . . . tool press, paper, utensil or implement or any part thereof, which now is or hereafter may be used in the woolen, cotton, linen or silk manufacture of the kingdom." But as they grew fat from prosperity, British industrialists overlooked three simple facts: (a) every technological breakthrough eventually grows old; (b) new inventions arrive to replace it; and (c) the country that dominates these new technologies often rules the world. -- The Lucifer Principle, A Scientific Expedition Into the Forces of History, page 275.

Wealth is power, and useful technologies can generate great wealth. Sociopaths want greater power and control over others, so they seek to control technology, which brings them wealth.

It is no coincidence that as sociopaths solidify their control over the masses, the wealth gap between the haves and have-nots increases to ludicrous proportions. In a world guided by empathetic humans, things would be very different. The benefits of technology would be shared among all the people of the world. All boats would be lifted by the rising tide of benefits produced by technological innovation. The positive feedback loop of this situation would bring about even greater technological innovation and unimaginable abundance for all. There would be no starvation, no health disparities, and no inequality of goods and services. This is the next step in the evolution of human society, but it will never be realized as long as sociopaths run amok with no constraints whatsoever.

Identify the sociopaths and disqualify them from positions of power and control. Only then will humanity have the opportunity to evolve to the next level and reach its true potential as a creative force.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Quote:
"We must understand that we have nothing to understand."

Yes, that is basically it. Complete emptiness of thought, faith, and other obscuring mental constructs and projections. Complete awareness and attention to see clearly. Below a link to the video libary of Ghogyam Trungpa. Take a look at some of the videos, if you can, and try to watch without prejudice. New insights will dawn at a given moment. I consider this to be the real deal although you need to cut through somewhat in the beginning. http://chronicleproject.com/CTRlibrary/Zen&TantraTwo.html. If it's about controlling the mind afterall, then we better study the inner workings of the mind and why we are so easily being distracted and manipulated.

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next