Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60  Next
Banning for dollars 

Post Re: Banning for dollars
UncleZook wrote:
[...]Is it too far fetched to suggest that Richard might not be the problem here and that maybe Andy has a greater share of the burden in all this than he lets on (e.g. you know, comments like "Celine's bitch")?
Andy's comment was appropriate for the point he was making, and amusing too. You know Celine is easily triggered (which is why I say she is not mod material). So if Andy triggers Celine, and Celine tugs on Richard's string, and Richard sets Andy to "Miserable User", it's Andy at fault? That does seem a bit far-fetched to me....

Nothing happens in a vacuum, Chico. Having one's thick skin on and assuming others have their thin one on ... does wonders for community. Now, Andy isn't obliged to follow my advice ... but then, he has no cause to complain if human frailty steps up (e.g. Richard's alleged usage of MU) and delivers him to a destination he had not anticipated. Shakespeare had it wrong about frailty ... for Frailty, thy name is human.

Andy would have been wise to observe the fact that while a few of us were moderators by name, all of us were moderators by function. He talked up the power pyramid of Nexus until eventually he started believing it himself.
Eventually, the accused pharaoh of the alleged Nexus pyramid had had enough ... took his case to the accused capstone and they delivered their verdict.

In retrospect, the more I think about it ... the only real fault I can find in Richard - if he did indeed use MU as is alleged by Chico and Andy - is that he should have made things transparent like he did with all other things Nexus, including a full accounting of the donations. I think MU could even serve - in the future - as a legitimate planar function, e.g. as a pre-ban module warning disruptive members of their obligation to community. An intermediate sanction as it were.

Quote:
Quote:
If say, your wife is being antagonized by a member, Chico ... how long before the man in you takes notice and draws his weapon irrespective of the consequences? Indeed, wouldn't this mitigate any wrongdoing on Richard's part if it can proven that he did indeed do wrongdoing?

No. I can't believe you just said that. That's exactly why a husband / wife team in this kind of position is a very bad idea.

Yes, I agree ... the husband-wife dynamic should be explored by the Nexus membership, IMO. But I'm alluding to what has happened, not what will happen in the future. The dynamic already exists and this could mitigate any determination of wrongdoing by Richard.

Quote:
Quote:
The beauty of the module and the virtual impossibility of substantiating any claim of wrongdoing. Given this virtual impossibility, why are we still pursuing this?

Because it punctuates the other symptoms of the dysfunction resulting from the Richard / Celine problem at Nexus.

Dysfunction is in the eyes of the beholder. There are currently over a 1000 members @Nexus who appreciate having the kind of "dysfunction" alleged by you. And some of them are outstanding members. Perhaps the dysfunction that you see is the result of your standard being too high for Nexus. And many kudos to you for bringing that high standard here to United People. You cannot change Nexus. But you can shape United People.
Let it be ... and let it be so.

Quote:
Quote:
You may see that as Richard's castle perhaps ... but I see that as a man defending his wife. It's then up to Nexus to accept or reject this marital dynamic in the moderating staff.

Agreed. Being a part of Nexus at that time, I was rejecting it. But guess what? Before I could really get up to speed, I was beheaded.

And I guarantee you that Nexus is the worse for having you beheaded. But the good folks there will realize their mistake in their own time. And neither Truthunter nor Andy deserved the guillotine either. But the heads have rolled over to United People ... and I have no doubt the quality of this forum will rise to the very top under your guidance, Chico. And we will all guide each other to minimize the necessity of the technical pyramid. Perhaps the time will come soon when more administrators will be needed to kjeep up with the tasks. But we don't need any moderators here. Each and every member has to consider themselves to be a moderator.

[...]

Quote:
Quote:
I mean, surely you're not arguing that there was gatekeeping going on at Nexus?

What would you call banning a highly thanked and respected senior moderator, one that steps down to protest the Nexus power pyramid after easily surviving a recall poll tacitly supported by the forum owner(!), after which said moderator discovers and presents evidence that the forum owner(!) clandestinely targeted a forum member that his emotionally-driven wife dislikes? And also banned is the targeted forum member? And also banned for good measure is the said moderator's only acknowledged personal friend, who had no idea what was going on? And no rules were broken, no warnings were given, no moderating was attempted, no reason for the bannings was given, etc. And please don't try to tell me that the moderators were acting completely independently of Richard and Celine's influence. I assume those two did recuse themselves from the vote, given the obvious conflict of interest, right?

A monumental tragedy of errors. But not unexpected given human foible and frailty.

Quote:
[...]
Quote:
You forgot the greatest problem of all, Chico ... the lack of tolerance for human frailty and foibles.

Like the tolerance Richard and Celine display? Can we say "double standard"?

Nope. No double standard. Mistakes, misunderstandings, and mischief ... existed on both sides. I had the benefit of viewing the grass on both sides of the fence. It was wild Serengeti grass.

Humble opinions all around.

ps: I leave you to tie up all the remaining loose ends, Chico. For me, I've reached the peak of my investment in this topic and like Canzirka suggested, will move to better topics. If we can't bridge this gap in perspectives, then let us agree to disagree.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm
Site Admin

I, too, grow weary of the debate, Zook. I thank you for your time and effort. You have done us all a great service.

During our discussion, I have laid out most of the points I wanted to make, except the last one:

Quote:
5. Forum members are comfortable with their ignorance and visions of sugarplums, and they do not want these disturbed.

In a sense, you have demonstrated a facet of this with your resignation to accept this ugly state of affairs. Yes, I know you have reasons for doing so, including valuable friendships and loyalties. I did not really expect any other result from you, but I knew you were the best man for the job of arguing why item #5 occurs. You see, #5 is the same problem that paralyzes humanity in the real world, where sociopathic parasites suck us dry and we accept it. When I said Nexus is a microcosm of the real world and the real problems we face globally, I wasn't kidding.

You mentioned, as one of your reasons for dropping the whole issue, the bigger problems facing us in the real world today. On the surface, that argument seems legitimate, that we should prioritize the issues. But my point is that these big problems stem from the same issues we face at Nexus! How can we expect to solve the problems of the world when we sweep the same ones under the rug at Nexus?

The obvious answer is that we can't.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:19 pm

UncleZook wrote:
Nothing happens in a vacuum, Chico. Having one's thick skin on and assuming others have their thin one on ... does wonders for community. Now, Andy isn't obliged to follow my advice ... but then, he has no cause to complain if human frailty steps up (e.g. Richard's alleged usage of MU) and delivers him to a destination he had not anticipated. Shakespeare had it wrong about frailty ... for Frailty, thy name is human.

Now your quoting Shakespeare, I guessing you're unaware of the the fact that he to was also a fraud!

UncleZook wrote:
Andy would have been wise to observe the fact that while a few of us were moderators by name, all of us were moderators by function. He talked up the power pyramid of Nexus until eventually he started believing it himself.
Eventually, the accused pharaoh of the alleged Nexus pyramid had had enough ... took his case to the accused capstone and they delivered their verdict.

Well my little Chatterjee, so now you're claiming that I "talked up the power pyramid of Nexus", from this I can only conclude that you are either deluded, on a mission of "spin", or both.

I did not "talk up the power pyramid of Nexus" at R&C's forum.

Prove me wrong, quote my posts where I allegedly did this, which shouldn't be difficult for a Senior Moderator, now should it!

I personally think you're both "To wit" a deluded liar.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:06 am

andywight wrote:
UncleZook wrote:

Now your quoting Shakespeare, I guessing you're unaware of the the fact that he to was also a fraud!

He?? Wasn't it a group of men that collectively called themselves William Shakespeare?

But if you knew that already, e.g. your determination of the fraud of Shakespeare, then it seems you're just continuing the pattern of creating drama and disruption wherever you find yourself, Andy ... I mean, shouldn't you be referring to Shakespeare as they?

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:

Well my little Chatterjee, so now you're claiming that I "talked up the power pyramid of Nexus", from this I can only conclude that you are either deluded, on a mission of "spin", or both.

I did not "talk up the power pyramid of Nexus" at R&C's forum.

Prove me wrong, quote my posts where I allegedly did this, which shouldn't be difficult for a Senior Moderator, now should it!

I personally think you're both "To wit" a deluded liar.

Nothing explicit, Andy ... but your last week was littered with innuendo about Nexus and its secret society of MODs and ADMINs ... and allegations of our double standards and secret society privileges.

http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showthre ... #post60754

beginExcerpt
AKH it wasn't the PTB that allowed Chico to be publicly arse-fu cked by Janos and his gang was it? It was Richard and his staff!
end

You just asked for one quote, right?

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Last edited by UncleZook on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:12 am

UncleZook wrote:

He?? Wasn't it a group of men that collectively called themselves William Shakespeare?

But if you knew that already, e.g. your determination of the fraud of Shakespeare, then it seems you're just continuing the pattern of creating drama and disruption wherever you find yourself, Andy ... I mean, shouldn't you be referring to Shakespeare as they?

No, William Shakespeare did exist, although as I stated before "like you he was a fraud".

UncleZook wrote:
Nothing explicit, Andy ... but your last week was littered with innuendo about Nexus and its secret society of MODs and ADMINs ... and allegations of our double standards and secret society privileges.

beginExcerpt
AKH it wasn't the PTB that allowed Chico to be publicly arse-fu cked by Janos and his gang was it? It was Richard and his staff!
end

Very clever, selectively picking one sentence from a post without any reference to context.

Surly you don't think the readers here are that unenlightened to believe this spin, or maybe you do!

Quote as many of my posts from R&C's as you feel you need to but please quote the entire post if you can.

p.s.

You do realise I hope that your above link is to the "members only" section of R&C's :lol:

Last edited by andywight on Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:10 am

Now that Mr Chatterjee seems to have run off with his tail between his legs I would like to discuss this overlooked post by L&G:

It seems that Gipsy Woman has publicly challenged Celine about a post she made on her forum claiming her lawyer had contacted GW, to which GW wrote on her blog never happen.

This doesn't surprise me in the least as Celine used those same tactics on me when she tried to publicly slander me concerning a Skype chat I had with some of her Admins/Mods.

Unlike GW I was still a member there and able to directly confront Celine who after a very revealing little song-n-dance retracted her accusations and then, after I offered to publish these Skype chats, admitted to doing exactly what she had originally accused me of.

Would this be the same person who Uncle Zook described as "arguably the biggest heart at Nexus"?

Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 am

andywight wrote:
[...]
No, William Shakespeare did exist, although as I stated before "like you he was a fraud".
UncleZook wrote:

beginExcerpt
end

Very clever, selectively picking one sentence from a post without any reference to context.
Surly you don't think the readers here are that unenlightened and would believe this spin, or maybe you do!
Quote as many of my posts from R&C's as you feel you need to but please quote the entire post if you can.
p.s.
You do realise I hope that your above link is to the "members only" section of R&C's :lol:

Yes, I realize that. But I did not chop any text or context. Your whole contribution in the excerpt above was one sentence. And that appears to be your modus operandi. Thought-out posts are the rarity for you. One line headbangers and then slipping away to observe the reaction.

I spent about an hour reviewing Andy's contributions over his last week at Nexus, e.g. to see if I had been unfair in my treatment of him here. What I found - and members here who are dual citizens of Nexus and UP can verify this for themselves - was I have been very generous.

Andy is a pot-stirrer. A drama queen who looks for negative energy and deposits it wherever he finds it. Here are some of his gems at Nexus - in no particular order or relation to each other - before Andy got his ticket to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by andywight View Post
Celine you are only holding a position here as a Mod because of your husband Richard!

The admins/Mods let you get away with this!

I wanted to replace your name "in quote" to "Celine's Bitch"

Am I the only member here that has noticed that there were 6 Admin and 2 Senior Moderator posts on the first page of this thread and Richard is asking me to consider closing it!
(To which Dex replied)
Yes, a large number of mods and admins replied because the topic is mods and the insight they shared pretty much cleared up the OP's question.

(Note: See how Andy tries to create drama on a thread he himself created (about a lack of female MODs @Nexus) ... which naturally prompted the MOD staff to chime in with our perspectives. Instead of taking our perspectives for whatever wisdom they may have contained, Andy tries to make this out as another power play by King Richard over his minion MOD staff .)

All these from one thread, good folks. And to highlight the delusional state of Andy's mind, he continues to refer to Nexus as R&C's website (Richard and Celine) ... this, while he is asking me for evidence, e.g. to back up my claim that he was talking up the power pyramid of Nexus! How bizarre is that? While he is chatting it up, the banana king is asking for evidence of chatting it up! And no, good folks, he didn't just arrive at the conclusion of a Nexus power pyramid after he got banned ... this determination was palpable before he got banned.

I suppose I should back off now ... I mean, if he is mentally ill or something, I should not provoke the soft little yellow fellow and frond fruit any further.

ps: One last observation. Andy has now resorted to calling me a liar and a fraud. I'll let my track record speak for itself. But if he sees a liar and a fraud in the straight-shootin', accommodating, grey-bearded jester Zook, may I kindly suggest to Andy that perhaps he needs a new pair of plastic peepers.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:40 am

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:52 am

UncleZook wrote:

I suppose I should back off now ... I mean, if he is mentally ill or something, I should not provoke the soft little yellow fellow and frond fruit any further.

I generally link my quotes or reference them to where they originate from, this allows the reader to gain insight to their context.

You again, for what ever reason, wont do this!

I understand and appreciate that you don't want to provoke me, but don't you think that some might see this as a little disingenuous due to your earlier post in which you threatened to return me to my friends as "sub atomic particles in a bag"?

UncleZook wrote:
Quit while you're behind, Andy ... and I won't feel obliged to take you out to the battle of wits and return you to your friends as a bag of subatomic particles. :jester:

Look Uncle Zook, see how easy it is to quote someone with a link to their original post.

Last edited by andywight on Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 pm

andywight wrote:
UncleZook wrote:

I generally link my quotes or reference them to where they originate from, this allows the reader to gain insight to their context.
You again, for what ever reason, you wont do this!

It's called Members Only. I posted a link in my earlier post. But could not access that link as a guest from here. Dual citizens of Nexus and UP can access that link, however. I'll leave it to their pleasure to study the thread from which I posted your excerpts. Cut and pasting entire posts would clutter up United People. So I posted only your words from those posts. The idea was to expose your chatting up a Nexus power pyramid. What relevance are the words of others in this context?

Quote:
I understand and appreciate that you don't want to provoke me, but don't you think that some might see this as disingenuous due to your earlier post in which you threatened to return me to my friends as "sub atomic particles in a bag"?

I am returning you as subatomics. But you have to be several levels higher to appreciate it. At least at the molecular level ... and preferably organic.
:jest:

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:
Quit while you're behind, Andy ... and I won't feel obliged to take you out to the battle of wits and return you to your friends as a bag of subatomic particles. :jester:

Look Uncle Zook, see how easy it is to quote someone with a link to their original post.

Everything is easy ... to a banana. All one needs to do is hang with a bunch, get labeled with a brand, recline in the fruit bowl next to a lady Chiquita, and get peeled.

Look, Andy, I'm sure you'll give Chico and the good folks here at United People good reason to roll their eyes and/or recoil sooner than later. You can't help being what you are. With that ... I've just put you on the clock, Andy. Tick tock, tick tock ...

ps: FWIW, good folks, Gypsy Woman is a female ejaculator with her own blog ... a former associate of both King William of the Pendragon Ryans and Chuckie Duckie of Atticus1 squeezery. She is small on facts and large on ad hominems ... just the way our Bahamian Banana Boy likes it. It is a natural admiration.

ps2: And this will be my last post on Andy's character-chasing cul de sac. His circulars maybe interesting to him, but I get better munch with cardboard. Besides, I owe Chico and United People my best effort; not reminisces from the schoolyard of my youth.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60  Next