Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next
Censorship 

Post Re: Censorship
Here is the hypocrite Zook giving his assessment of the legitimacy of banning and censoring at Universal Spectrum:

UncleZook wrote:
Banning and censoring in a private club is not only not incorrect ... it is commendable.

So it's "commendable" when Zook does it, but when it's being done to Zook, he condemns it and anyone who participated in the process.

Yes, we see...
:face:

Narrative informs meaning. The narrative of the private club is different from the narrative of the public space.
Private clubs are allowed to muzzle you entirely, without notice, without even reason. That is censorship and it is completely justifiable and consistent with the First Amendment. Your mouth still enjoys the freedom to leave the private space of the club, and yodel in public spaces elsewhere.

By contrast, public spaces are not allowed to muzzle you, as a rule with few exceptions (e.g. yelling fire in a crowded theatre, that sorta thing). If the appointed and self-appointed wardens of the public space try and muzzle you, that is again censorship but this time it is not justifiable. It contravenes the First.

So it's not a matter of Zook's privilege to censor whenever and wherever he deems ... it's a matter of Zook's appointment in a private club versus Zook's lack of appointment in a public space.

I am allowed to censor in the private club. On the very rare occasion, and as a last resort, I had indeed used this joint privilege (with other MOD staff) to censor/ban/suspend private members.

And even though I was allowed Poobah-Four privileges to censor in this purported public space and burp of a forum, I had never exercised that vote ... for my nature is to respect speech in public spaces, as a rule with scant few exceptions (e.g. yelling fire in crowded theatre).

So we have Zook respecting the integrity of both domains whilst protecting speech rights in both domains as per the charter of the respective domains: the private club with a limited charter and the public space with a virtually unlimited charter.

Those are the facts. If you want the fictions, wait for Chico's (or Mags') rebuttal to this post.

Pax

ps: FWIW, this forum started out as a public space and a free speech zone which is why I allowed myself extra liberties in the way I conducted myself. I really wanted to exercise the "free" in freedom. You know, to see how much of the freedom was real. The founder here derided the other forums for not being free speech zones, so I felt safe in exercising the virtual freedoms of a virtual public space.

ps2: Little did I realize - in the beginning - that the founder had a mindset of judge, jury, and executioner ... a tyrant and an autocrat waiting to be exposed by the adage "Power corrupts; and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:22 pm

Just incredible from the co moderator of Avalon to Nexus. Where banning was done from an arrogant monarchal tip of the hat. And it was only Chic from all those supposed intelligent people who questioned the emperors power and brought critical thinking to the idea of Censorship, that got the whole moderator group thinking. And apparently it was to much thinking, and thinking that caught them with their pants down and thinking that needed to be banned itself. And you Zook were there complying with it all, with no debate, no afterthought, just like a sick and wiley sycophant. And then you lecture on what censorship is. :lol:

:jest:

Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:51 pm

Here is the hypocrite Zook giving his assessment of the legitimacy of banning and censoring at Universal Spectrum:

UncleZook wrote:
Banning and censoring in a private club is not only not incorrect ... it is commendable.

So it's "commendable" when Zook does it, but when it's being done to Zook, he condemns it and anyone who participated in the process.

Yes, we see...

:face:

Chicodoodoo are you saying that United-People has become a "private club" like Universal Spectrum?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:06 pm
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
And even though I was allowed Poobah-Four privileges to censor in this purported public space and burp of a forum, I had never exercised that vote ... for my nature is to respect speech in public spaces, as a rule with scant few exceptions (e.g. yelling fire in crowded theatre).

I already exposed that bit of "twist and shout" here, Zook. You're such a fool to try it again.

UncleZook wrote:
So we have Zook respecting the integrity of both domains whilst protecting speech rights in both domains as per the charter of the respective domains: the private club with a limited charter and the public space with a virtually unlimited charter.

Such BS. You should be ashamed, but we all know why that is not likely (sociopaths feel no shame).

Universal Spectrum is not really a private club, according to its "charter". As I recall, all were welcome to join. You just want to paint it as a private club so you can make your deceptive argument. It is very true that the power pyramid at Universal Spectrum has been exposed as a den of hypocrites, and that you are part of that power pyramid. You are, as well, an extreme hypocrite, which is why you fit into that power pyramid so well. And (no surprise here), you are a sociopath, and sociopaths are attracted to power pyramids like flies to fresh cow pies.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:40 am

UncleZook wrote:

I already exposed that bit of "twist and shout" here, Zook. You're such a fool to try it again.

If that's your standard of exposition, I invite readers to go and read my rebuttal here:
http://hm.dinofly.com/UP/forum/viewtopic.php?p=17297#p17297

No wonder you're in such a pickle wrt your integrity.

Quote:
UncleZook wrote:

Such BS. You should be ashamed, but we all know why that is not likely (sociopaths feel no shame).

There is no shame in the facts, Chico ... just an opportunity for rational analysis.

Quote:
Universal Spectrum is not really a private club, according to its "charter". As I recall, all were welcome to join. You just want to paint it as a private club so you can make your deceptive argument. It is very true that the power pyramid at Universal Spectrum has been exposed as a den of hypocrites, and that you are part of that power pyramid. You are, as well, an extreme hypocrite, which is why you fit into that power pyramid so well. And (no surprise here), you are a sociopath, and sociopaths are attracted to power pyramids like flies to fresh cow pies.

Says the founder of a power pyramid with a one-man capstone. :jest:

Again, your misadventures with English is showing.

FTR, Universal is a private club with an open invitation to one and all minus a few notable exclusions, e.g. those that had already demonstrated unacceptable behavior on other forums (as deemed by the collective of founders of the forum). Every individual on the blue and green - as a rule - is a potential member of Universal; but the collective of founders has the right to refuse and revoke membership ... which then disqualifies Universal from being a public space where anyone can say anything with impunity. Indeed, a public space is defined by its virtual unabridged freedom of speech. We at Universal don't have unabridged freedoms.

Ergo, we are a private club with standards to uphold ... and the quality of discussion at Universal is much higher than it is here on this burp of a forum where any idea that challenges the small-mindedness of the Prime Poobah (and his punk purpose sidekick) is grounds for character paints, war drumming, diagnosis of sociopathy, censorship, etc.

To wit, ideas flourish at Universal ... and they flush at United. The main reason I'm still here is because my character is being attacked by a pair of committed liars, fact-distortionists, manipulators, narrative choppers, fifth columnists on munching duty at the banksters' carrot-farm, etc. The other reason I'm still here is that Chico and Mags keep calling those members they disagree with, sociopaths, and are not being censored for it. By contrast, Andy is now banished on Chico's whimsy and autocratic rule for another 14 days ... so someone has to hold the mirror to Batman Chico's and MagaRobin's hypocritical faces.

And no, though it is tempting to make that diagnosis ... hypocrisy is not enough to qualify anybody for sociopathy. Only quacks will even attempt such a diagnosis.

Pax

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:36 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
I invite readers to go and read my rebuttal here:

That's not a realistic rebuttal. That's just more of your dreary "twist and shout". Are you really expecting people to believe that the identification of your sociopathy was just plucked out of thin air? The forum is full of evidence confirming your deviancy. Do we have to link to it again?

UncleZook wrote:
There is no shame in the facts, Chico ... just an opportunity for rational analysis.

You should be ashamed, because you twist the facts around for your own selfish benefit. Of course, sociopaths don't find that shameful in the least. They just find it to be clever game-playing. Like you do!

UncleZook wrote:
FTR, Universal is a private club with an open invitation to one and all minus a few notable exclusions...

"For The Record"? So as usual, you believe you are the infallible source of all facts in existence. Such arrogance.

Universal Spectrum is an online forum, just like United People, Avalon, Nexus, etc. Your effort to classify one as a private club and another as a public space is absurd. You only do it to bolster your faulty arguments that are always teetering on total collapse. You're pathetic.

Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:12 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
“There were 1,400 [Iraqi soldiers] in that convoy, and every picture transmitted until that one came, two days after the event, was of debris, bits of equipment,” Tony McGrath, the Observer’s pictures editor, was quoted as saying in the same article. “No human involvement in it at all; it could have been a scrapyard. That was some dreadful censorship.” -- source

Sociopaths who run the wars know better than to show non-sociopaths the horror of war. War has to be sold to the public as something glorious, a patriotic duty, a symbol of national pride, a rite of passage, a test of meddle. Actually seeing the horror of war quickly obliterates all that careful preparation and brainwashing. The truth comes rushing in, naked, undeniable, and unforgettable. At least, it does if you have empathy. Sociopaths don't get it, but they do understand that this kind of thing has a big impact on non-sociopaths, and that it messes with the control mechanisms the sociopaths have carefully orchestrated over the masses. So they censor it.

Quote:
On February 28, 1991, Kenneth Jarecke stood in front of the charred man, parked amid the carbonized bodies of his fellow soldiers, and photographed him. At one point, before he died this dramatic mid-retreat death, the soldier had had a name. He’d fought in Saddam Hussein’s army and had a rank and an assignment and a unit.

And he had a mother and a father. Maybe some brothers and sisters. Perhaps a wife, maybe a child. He had friends, and teachers, and hopes and dreams. He had plans for the future. He was probably just like you and me, full of life and potential.

And we killed him.

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 am

Cutoff switches a common theme in the smart tech era? It's censorship run rampant. One step away from censorship committing murder, the ultimate form of controlling speech.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:43 am
Site Admin

It would be horrible enough if natural events like a volcanic eruption charred people to a crisp. We might learn not to live close to volcanoes. But the real horror is that sociopaths convince us to do this to each other! And we learn nothing from it! Are we insane? Allowing the morally insane to direct our activities seems like the ultimate insanity to me. It's the equivalent of letting the insane run the insane asylum.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:28 am

Quote:
the insane run the insane asylum.

And of course that would be it. As the recycling process of fraud must be a cognitive dissonance where it meets. This is certainly real zero point energy. This fraud causes a fracture in the environment which we then mimic. Double speak, hypocrisy, mental illness, disease, confusion. Order out of chaos...

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24  Next