Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 60  Next
Banning for dollars 

Post Re: Banning for dollars
I just also want to say to all those that were banned (I read Nexus and watched it all happen as an observer)......that from my persepctive there were blinding double-standards at work. (Andy, I am with you all the way about Janos...that blew my mind).

I think that the Richard/Celine dynamic on the mod team did skew perspectives. Zookie brought up a good point about the tag team dynamic that happens on these forums.

How about in our commitment to self-moderation we call this dynamic out as we see it? Put a flag on the play so to speak.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:24 am

Canzirka wrote:
I just also want to say to all those that were banned (I read Nexus and watched it all happen as an observer)......that from my persepctive there were blinding double-standards at work. (Andy, I am with you all the way about Janos...that blew my mind).

I think that the Richard/Celine dynamic on the mod team did skew perspectives. Zookie brought up a good point about the tag team dynamic that happens on these forums.

How about in our commitment to self-moderation we call this dynamic out as we see it? Put a flag on the play so to speak.

Good point, although I think this should be put to the whole membership first.

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:38 am

Canzirka wrote:
In my experience, any time you have a husband and wife team (regardless of their individual personalities) on a small management team (in any system, planar, pyramid, holigraphic, etc.), the dynamics are skewed.

Even in my neighbourhood association, our bylaws don't allow more that one person from each household on the board, and it is one vote per house on neighbourhood issues.

ABSOLUTELY. In the committee I am on, we also brought this into the governing principals of the group. COUPLES can easily play power games and sway the consensus.

A community forum must have accountability and must be above all transparent.

All the secrecy mumbo jumbo is no better than the NWO espouses to.

WE ARE OPPOSSED TO SECRET SOCIETIES..........etc.

THE SPEECH OF THE CENTURY...........................RIP JFK

PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS SPEECH AGAIN................ HE COULD BE SPEAKING ABOUT NEXUS

Last edited by loveandgratitude on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:47 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
Guise is cloak and dagger stuff and it's rather hard to negotiate in a humble manner, you will agree.

Guise was necessary at that point. Nexus was completely confused, and I couldn't blame them, because I was too. I didn't feel I could simply state that I already had new evidence that completely changed my mind, that my apology was no longer applicable, and that Nexus members were completely wrong in their assumptions. Nobody would believe it.

Quote:
Ultimately, trust issues had you ejected from Nexus.

Clearly that is the way Richard and Celine spun it, and nearly everyone bought it, including the mods. It was propaganda, meaning it had some truth in it, some lies, and a lot of deliberately withheld information. The truth was that Richard could no longer trust me to NOT expose his hidden server manipulations, nor could he count on me to NOT expose the dysfunction Celine brought to the mod room and the forum.

Quote:
The Miserable User fiasco - and let's call it what it is, a fiasco

It's clear to me that you don't understand what really happened. I can't blame you, because Andy didn't either at first, nor did I. I can see that I'm going to have to paint the whole picture again before you can understand.

UncleZook wrote:
You will at least acknowledge that on the surface of things, there was some tag-teaming at play, e.g. to seek and find corruption at Nexus.

Again, this shows me you just don't understand. There was no tag-teaming at play. Andy never knew what I would post, and vice-verse. The same was true with Truthunter. All three of us were operating independently. There was no intent to seek and find corruption at Nexus. The corruption just fell in our laps (meaning mine and Andy's). We had to take steps to understand what we were looking at.

Quote:
I'm no rocket scientist ... but all you have established is that there has been some corruption in your account.

Again, this is just being ignorant of what actually happened. I didn't catch it at first either, until the day after my apology. There was no corruption of Andy's account -- both he and I actually succeeded in logging in (not simultaneously) using his account, but neither of us realized it, because we got the nuisance screens. We had to be logged in for Vbulletin to serve up the nuisance screens, including the "server busy" screen, and that's what made us think we weren't logged in. The screen shot Andy took clearly shows he is logged-in (it says "Welcome, andywight" at the top) but the prominent "server too busy" message leads you to believe that the log-in failed. The server wasn't busy at all because it could log us in. Andy and I both got the nuisance screens when logging in multiple times using Andy's account. Everything worked perfectly using my account, again multiple times. The only difference was the account being used. That led us to believe that Andy's account was being targeted, and I still can't find a better conclusion, though I would like to and would welcome any other possible explanations.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 am

Quote:
Chico wrote:
Again, this is just being ignorant of what actually happened. I didn't catch it at first either, until the day after my apology. There was no corruption of Andy's account -- both he and I actually succeeded in logging in (not simultaneously) using his account, but neither of us realized it, because we got the nuisance screens. We had to be logged in for Vbulletin to serve up the nuisance screens, including the "server busy" screen, and that's what made us think we weren't logged in. The screen shot Andy took clearly shows he is logged-in (it says "Welcome, andywight" at the top) but the prominent "server too busy" message leads you to believe that the log-in failed. The server wasn't busy at all because it could log us in. Andy and I both got the nuisance screens when logging in multiple times using Andy's account. Everything worked perfectly using my account, again multiple times. The only difference was the account being used. That led us to believe that Andy's account was being targeted, and I still can't find a better conclusion, though I would like to and would welcome any other possible explanations.

So I went back to check the Nexus archives and found Richard's rebuttal to the assertion that Miserable User was responsible for Andy's access problems. It's a goody. Please read it Chico.

http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showthre ... #post60758

beginExcerpt

Re: Nexus, we have a problem.

This all I am going to say on this subject, the assinine bickering needs to stop. No matter what is shown antagonists will do what they do. Seen it before and I'll see it again. And they almost always end the same way...
Anyways, here are some logs for your reading pleasure (ALL times are UT), the first issue arose at 23:36 when spamd crashed. It caused the server to lock up and sent me a "help me!" email. It took me about 20 minutes to respond and check things as i was out for dinner at a friends. Once i saw there was no response i rebooted it from the hosts panel. The restart typically takes about 5 minutes as there are numerous server programs starting up. At this point I went back to my grilled salmon. What i didnt know at this point is that when the server locked up it crashed a data table in the forum sql database. The database errors started at 00:57 and persisted until i got back on and saw the problem around 01:30 they was causing variety of problems to users connnecting here as well as the front page which uses a totally different database (ya, im still tryin to figure that one out)
Once the table was repaired all was well. i then used the vbulletin admincp to optimize and repair all the other tables, a rather long process which i initiated and then turned my attention to some offline interests.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

cPanel ChkServd Service Monitor ✆ cpanel@nexus.2012info.ca to me
Feb 5 (2 days ago)
spamd failed @ Sun Feb 5 23:36:12 2012. A restart was attempted automagically.

Service Check Method: [check command]

Number of Restart Attempts: 1

Cmd Service Check Raw Output: Spamd is not running
Raw Output: Subject: Test spam mail (GTUBE)
Message-ID: <GTUBE1.1010101@example.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:30:00 +0200
To: Recipient <recipient@example.net>
Precedence: junk
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

This is the GTUBE, the
Generic
Test for
Unsolicited
Bulk
Email

If your spam filter supports it, the GTUBE provides a test by which you
can verify that the filter is installed correctly and is detecting incoming
spam. You can send yourself a test mail containing the following string of
characters (in upper case and with no white spaces and line breaks):

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X

You should send this test mail from an account outside of your network.

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.9:

Invalid SQL:

REPLACE INTO vbguest
(guestid, hostip, useragent, lastactive, spider, script, rdata)
VALUES
('6aba4bd998d7bd88804cb946e661ac7c', '38.101.148.126', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; discobot/2.0; +http://discoveryengine.com/discobot.html)', 1328489830, '', 'showthread', 'a:8:{s:1:\"s\";s:32:\"b3a92cb240133f72cdae773c883 41282\";s:1:\"t\";s:4:\"7776\";s:8:\"threadid\";i: 7776;s:3:\"api\";N;s:1:\"a\";N;s:6:\"postid\";N;s: 7:\"forumid\";N;s:6:\"pollid\";N;}');

MySQL Error : Table './nexus2_forum/vbguest' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Error Number : 145
Request Date : Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 12:57:10 AM
Error Date : Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 12:57:10 AM
Script : http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showt...e&goto=newpost
Referrer :
IP Address : 38.101.148.126
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :
================================================== ===
370 lines later...

Database error in vBulletin 4.1.9:

Invalid SQL:

REPLACE INTO vbguest
(guestid, hostip, useragent, lastactive, spider, script, rdata)
VALUES
('591032e4cb20457930870911419ba0b8', '157.55.18.23', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)', 1328492528, 'BingBot', 'printthread', 'a:12:{s:1:\"t\";s:4:\"7792\";s:2:\"pp\";s:2:\"25\ ";s:4:\"page\";s:1:\"2\";s:8:\"threadid\";i:7792;s :7:\"perpage\";s:2:\"25\";s:10:\"pagenumber\";s:1: \"2\";s:1:\"s\";N;s:3:\"api\";N;s:1:\"a\";N;s:6:\" postid\";N;s:7:\"forumid\";N;s:6:\"pollid\";N;}');

MySQL Error : Table './nexus2_forum/vbguest' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Error Number : 145
Request Date : Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 01:42:08 AM
Error Date : Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 01:42:08 AM
Script : http://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/print...2&pp=25&page=2
Referrer :
IP Address : 157.55.18.23
Username : Unregistered
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :
If that does't satisfy you I will take a pay cut, how about 50%? show me the math on 50% of 0$ and its a deal, k?

If ya cant grasp the concept of respect you could at least try honor, it might even make u feel good.

Richard
end

It is my opinion that you Chico did not entertain all possibilities for Andy's access problems and settled on the first one that supported your personal distrust of Richard (which was then reciprocated in kind). Yes, the Miserable User module exists for Vbulletin. No, you have not made a sufficient case for MU being the reason behind Andy's access problems. Yes, Richard has made a sufficient case for his own exculpation in the matter ... complete with server logs.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:29 am

UncleZook wrote:
Quote:

It is my opinion that you Chico did not entertain all possibilities for Andy's access problems and settled on the first one that supported your personal distrust of Richard (which was then reciprocated in kind). Yes, the Miserable User module exists for Vbulletin. No, you have not made a sufficient case for MU being the reason behind Andy's access problems. Yes, Richard has made a sufficient case for his own exculpation in the matter ... complete with server logs.

Do you understand these logs Zooki? and if so can you explain them and point out the proof they contain? Image

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Last edited by andywight on Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:00 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
So I went back to check the Nexus archives and found Richard's rebuttal to the assertion that Miserable User was responsible for Andy's access problems. It's a goody. Please read it Chico.

Yes, I spent a good deal of time going through that information shortly after Richard first posted it. For example, I examined the various time stamps and associated symptoms and compared that to the approximate times when Andy and I were testing the problem. One key is to find out what the vbguest table structure is, what data it holds, and how that data is used. Unfortunately, I could find no information on the Internet about the Vbulletin database table schema, probably because it is a privately owned commercial product and that information is considered proprietary.

Even assuming the vbguest table was corrupt, it is unlikely that many accounts can use the site normally, but one cannot. Of course, it is possible, because it depends on the specifics of the corruption, but usually table corruption results in disaster for everyone.

For what it's worth, I have an extensive background in database programming, having written several in their entirety, one of which ran a Fortune 500 business for over 10 years, while being constantly modified and expanded by only one person, yours truly. That doesn't make me the final authority on the subject by any means, but it does give me some insight into the problems that occur with databases.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:04 am

6th February 2012, 14:37 #1
Chicodoodoo
Former Member

Thanks
Thanked 5,479 Times in 1,490 Posts

Nexus, we have a problem.

As unbelievable as it may seem, the problem is Richard.

Andywight, as we know, recently started a thread which has focused on Celine. I am fairly sure neither Celine nor Richard are very happy with andywight as a result.

Yesterday, that thread was heating up, and Celine was catching some real flak. I had just posted a rather revealing posthttp://nexus.2012info.ca/forum/showthread.php?9103-Why-does-Nexus-have-only-one-female-Mod&p=59973&viewfull=1#post59973 critical of Celine when, ten minutes later, the entire forum went down.

Had Richard pulled the plug?

5th February 2012, 19:36 #64
Chicodoodoo
Former Member

Thanks
Thanked 5,479 Times in 1,490 Posts

Re: Why does Nexus have only one female Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by andywight View Post
Celine you are only holding a position here as a Mod because of your husband Richard!
Unfortunately, during my stint as a moderator, I saw a great deal of evidence for this. I was not able to function in the mod room because of the kowtowing demanded of everyone by Celine. Long-time mods have become accomplished at this, it becoming as natural as a well-rehearsed dance. In fact, I was in awe of their expertise.

Celine has no business being a mod. Her strength lies in poking her nose into everything, something that was evident even back at Avalon. Yes, that can have value, as she is a one-woman intelligence agency with a vast network of connections. But when intelligence agencies wield power and are driven by emotional self-interest, the results are often disastrous. You need only look to the current real-world situation to see a reflection of what is happening at Nexus.

It's a facade.

Focus on the timestamps. Chico stated that about ten minutes after he posted the 19:36 AST Feb. 05, 2012 revealing post, the forum went down. But this corresponds to 7:36 + 4:00 = 11:36 UT or 23:36 PM

BINGO!!

This is exactly the time of the SQL crash that Richard alluded to!

beginExcerpt
cPanel ChkServd Service Monitor ✆ cpanel@nexus.2012info.ca to me
Feb 5 (2 days ago)
spamd failed @ Sun Feb 5 23:36:12 2012. A restart was attempted automagically.
end

Ergo, Richard's and Chico's timelines coordinate to a tee ... and they both converge with a spamd crash. No need for esoteric Miserable User modules! The simplest explanation is the 23:36 timestamp. Chico probably only noticed that the forum went down 10 minutes later at 23:46 (or thereabouts) because he probably didn't reload his cache or move to another webpage at Nexus until ten minutes had elapsed.

How do you like that for analysis, Andy? Not bad for a non-tech sleuth, wot?

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:41 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
This is exactly the time of the SQL crash that Richard alluded to!

Good, Zook. I'm glad you are finally taking this seriously.

Yes, there is no doubt that the server went down, nor is there any doubt when it went down. That is not being questioned. It's also possible for a database table to be corrupted when the server crashes. That is not being questioned either, though it could be, since logs are easily edited. What is being questioned is why Andy and I both ran into symptoms matching the MU module description only on Andy's account after the server was brought back up? Was it due to the vbguest table actually being corrupted, or was it due to an MU module being activated?

Another piece of circumstantial evidence is the reaction of both Celine and Richard. Upon learning of my accusation, Celine reacted with rage and vehemence, as evidenced in the Nexus Group chat I posted. She cursed me, denigrated me, slandered me, vilified me, and swore she would never forgive me. That did not seem like the reaction of an innocent person. Also, look at Richard's formulated reaction in his post with the server log. It is one of indignation, of dismissal, of haughty authority, of self-aggrandisement, and of disdain. How dare anyone question Richard's integrity! (Where have we seen that before -- oh yeah, Bill Ryan.)

Quote:
This all I am going to say on this subject, the assinine bickering needs to stop. No matter what is shown antagonists will do what they do. Seen it before and I'll see it again. And they almost always end the same way...

If that does't satisfy you I will take a pay cut, how about 50%? show me the math on 50% of 0$ and its a deal, k?
If ya cant grasp the concept of respect you could at least try honor, it might even make u feel good.

Is that the reaction of an innocent person? Where was the offer to let independent member investigators, or even other admins, examine the Vbulletin software and server logs, before Richard could possibly modify them? If there is nothing to hide, why not throw open the doors and let the accusers look around? Why is Richard holding on so dearly to the keys of the castle?

This is the same Richard that was caught in a lie about using another add-in Vbulletin module to read member PMs at Avalon (after Celine got caught blabbing information she could only have known by reading it in a member PM.)

All of that flies in the face of the noble maxim decreed by Richard that Nexus belongs to the members. That's not what I'm seeing, and as a Nexus member, that bothered me.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:33 pm

Supposing you are correct, Chico - not saying that you are for your evidence is suggestive not conclusive - why the witch hunt?

Is this how human community should conduct itself?

One has two different choices to make really. Giving benefit of doubt when doubt exists ... versus ... giving abundant energy to fault-finding when the possibility of fault exists.

If you want to find fault in an imperfect neighbor, you will always find fault. And you can use all sorts of excuses to pursue the fault. But ultimately, does that say something about your neighbor ...or something about yourself? Being a righteous man, where is your victory? Have you really succeeded in uniting people, e.g. yourself and your imperfect neighbor ... or dividing people? In short, have you met the purpose of United People?

If, OTOH, you want to give benefit of doubt to an imperfect neighbor, you will find opportunity to influence the neighbor in future times. Being a righteous man, you will have an opportunity to impress your righteous ways into an imperfect neighbor. The gain is self-evident. And you will have succeeded in uniting people.

To wit, can we really unite faulty humans - and that's all of us - by pursuing human faults 'til nothing remains but human remains?

To the specific point, did Richard really deserve this kind of suspicion from you - on inconclusive conjectural evidence - when he was trying to build community with you?

ps: Victor Hugo's Les Miserables ... is a great allegorical novel of crime and punishment ... and justice delivered and denied ... and in Inspector Javert, a journey from robot to human. If you have the time, please read it. There are also several film versions out there. You may recognize Richard in Jean Valjean (in the narrative of your hasty judgment of crime) and yourself in Javert (in the narrative of your hasty push for punishment).

ps2: Perhaps we should change our name to United People. Wait ... isn't that our name?

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 60  Next