Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next
Bitcoin -- the Emperor's new clothes 
Site Admin

Post Re: Bitcoin -- the Emperor's new clothes
andywight wrote:
This is a complete LIE and I can prove it... is Truthhunter's membership still current?

I just checked, and it's true that Truthunter's user record appears to be gone. Nearly all other user records are still in the database, even if their membership is not active. I had no idea Truthunter's record was missing.

andywight wrote:
I ask you one more time, please deregister my membership.

The administrative policy of this forum is not to erase things out of the forum database. Your membership will not be terminated by erasing information from the database. You are free to terminate your membership by ceasing to use the forum.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:22 pm

andywight wrote:
UncleZook wrote:

You can smile now! :jest:

I posted this originally in response to mags, but it also very much relates you Uncleshill!

Quote:
Why don't you just come clean and admit that you joined a discussion you know nothing about and ran your mouth before checking the facts!

You seem to have overlooked my question to you concerning "block chains", care to respond now?

There are local and global aspects to every topic. I don't need to get inside the local narrative to understand the impact on the global narrative ... or to get into the chef's kitchen to understand a well-cooked or badly-cooked meal.

In any event, I'm going to indulge you about block chains because I'm convinced that even my primitive knowledge in this area trumps your pom-pom polemical posturings.

I'm going to use the following wikiArticles as a general reference point.
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Block_chain

After a quick parsing of both articles, it's quite clear to me that Bitcoin is an attempt at porting existing wealth (and wealth disparities) ... to a new (ostensibly decentralized) paradigm of wealth management.

Bitcoin does not fix the existing - and grossly iniquitous - wealth gap created by the original fiat currencies managed for the profit of the titular robber barons of yore (presently in transit to fore). Until the origins of the existing wealth gap are properly understood, and a proper accounting of the rapes, murders, and pillages is properly undertaken ... Bitcoin will remain the equivalent of cheap detergent in the laundering of blood money. The red is too thick to be washed. Bitcoin attempts the wash anyway. The morphing of money without due consideration for the integrity of money. That's Bitcoin in a nutshell.

Block chains may indeed be more decentralized than the present concentrated issuance of currency by the very few ... but that argument only matters if the initial conditions of value exchange are equitable. Exponentially greater amounts of bitcoin can be purchased (using vast reserves of existing blood-stained fiat money) by a Rothschild or a Royal ... than can be purchased by any in the common streams of hoi polloi.

So what Bitcoin actually achieves is a vanguard advancing to protect the interests of the existing corruptions in human organization ... corruptions driven by power pyramids, fiat issuances, cut-throat ethics, the controlled seesaws of War and Peace, truckers rolling on the red stones to hell, etc.

In short, Bitcoin does nothing to steer us away from the existing Mephistophelean monopolies ... if anything, it seeks to restore the weathered facade and the stone gargoyles on the banking houses.

Pax

ps: One possible rescue of Bitcoin from the dungheap of bad ideas ... is to disallow the purchase of bitcoins using any and all existing fiat currencies. IOW, if there is a way to restrict Bitcoin commerce to valued goods and services ... and valued goods and services only ... then there is a possibility for the far future to rescue the Bitcoin concept. As it exists now, even such a limitation is not yet feasible due to transitive economics ... wherein fiat cash can be used to purchase a valued goods, and the purchased valued goods can be subsequently exchanged for bitcoins. Those with current exponential reserves of fiat cash would have a gross unfair advantage over the common polloi using transitive economics. As it were.

ps2: To wit, Bitcoin is a theoretical concept that will find its solution only in the postReformation of existing human organization and socioeconomic dynamics.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:03 pm

UncleZook wrote:

In short, Bitcoin does nothing to steer us away from the existing Mephistophelean monopolies ... if anything, it seeks to restore the weathered facade and the stone gargoyles on the banking houses.

Allow me to answer my own question so we don't have to deal with your rambling attempts at deflecting from the real issues: A block chain is in essence a decentralized digital public ledger that enables ordinary people to bypass the debt ridden corrupt banking institutions for the transfer of Cryptocurrencies!

For anyone interested in reading more on this subject please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
A block chain is in essence a decentralized digital public ledger that enables ordinary people to bypass the debt ridden corrupt banking institutions for the transfer of Cryptocurrencies!

Allow me to correct your faulty answer, as you are just parroting the propaganda that shipped with Bitcoin.

A block chain is not decentralized -- all transactions of the given crypto-currency are recorded in a single data structure! That means it is highly centralized. There are many copies of the block chain which are transmitted about the Internet, and there is a convoluted and bizarre mechanism for synchronizing the working ends of the copies to get them to agree. This mechanism will surely become a very tempting point of attack for sophisticated parties to game the currency.

The ledger is not entirely public, in that the transaction parties are hidden behind a non-descriptive ID (the digital wallet address). Ideally, there should be no ledger. The whole reason for having a ledger is to create an audit trail in order to discourage counterfeiting of the digital currency. Digital currencies, like digital block chains and all computer data structures, are easily copied. An audit trail, however, does not guarantee the integrity of the currency. You can "cook the books", for example, to make a manipulated audit trail look legitimate. Or you can substitute counterfeit currency for genuine currency without the audit trail being affected.

Real money, like gold and silver coin, is much more decentralized. There is no ledger, as transactions details are not centrally recorded, or recorded at all. We could easily bypass the corrupt banking institutions by returning to the use of gold and silver coin and refusing their worthless paper. Substituting worthless computer digits for worthless bank notes is not a solution. Guess who is highly computerized with ledgers out the wazoo? The banks.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:47 am

I officially retract my request to be deregistered, this is just too much fun!

I just checked, and it's true that Truthunter's user record appears to be gone.

That's odd because I clearly remember you telling me on Skype that you had unsubscribed Truthhunter for spamming the forum, which ironically was due to your refusing his request to be unsubscribed.

In fact I went back in my records an found the text where you said it!

Nearly all other user records are still in the database, even if their membership is not active.

:lol: "Nearly all" so now you're not sure! :lol:

I had no idea Truthunter's record was missing.

That's another complete lie which I can prove with another Skype text from you where you described to me how you refused a membership application because you suspected it was from Truthunter using a different alias!

The administrative policy of this forum is not to erase things out of the forum database. Your membership will not be terminated by erasing information from the database. You are free to terminate your membership by ceasing to use the forum.

:lol: Unless you're Truthunter or several other ex-members whose records now seem to have mysteriously vanished! :lol:

Cut the BS Chicodoodoo and please stop talking about yourself in the third person, it's you that calls all the shots around here, with no one else but you ever given any mod or admin privileges!

How's it go Chico? Oh I remember now!

Last edited by andywight on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 am
Site Admin

andywight wrote:
I officially retract my request to be deregistered, this is just too much fun!

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

andywight wrote:
That's odd because I clearly remember you telling on Skype that you had unsubscribed Truthhunter for spamming the forum, which if recall correctly was due to your refusing his request to be unsubscribed.

That's true, but "unsubscribing" does not necessarily mean deleting user information. In fact, it normally means not deleting anything.

andywight wrote:
:lol: "Nearly all" so now you're not sure! :lol:

That's also true. I don't have time to spend checking all user data. That's why I didn't realize Truthunter's user record was gone until you asked me to check.

andywight wrote:
That's another complete lie which I can prove with another Skype text from you where you described to me how you refused a membership application because you suspected it was from Truthunter using a different alias!

:lol: Everything is a complete lie to you!

It's also true that I suspected Truthunter may have tried to rejoin under a different alias. Because of the sockpuppet problems coming from GypsyWoman, new subscriptions were being checked more thoroughly during that time.

andywight wrote:
Cut the BS Chicodoodoo and please stop talking about yourself in the third person, you call all the shots here, you've never given anyone else any mod or admin privileges but you!!!

First, I'll post in whatever person I choose. You don't get to tell me what to do (busted).

Second, it's also true that we have no moderators here, and only one administrator. That's the minimum control structure that any forum can operate under. We won't mention all the times you begged to be made a moderator, so you could ban someone. Fortunately, the sole administrator here knew better than to allow that. 8-)

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:23 am
Site Admin

UncleZook wrote:
ps: One possible rescue of Bitcoin from the dungheap of bad ideas ... is to disallow the purchase of bitcoins using any and all existing fiat currencies.

Another is to have a fair and equitable distribution of the currency initially so that everyone starts out with the same amount. All crypto-currencies that I have looked at have very few wallets holding the bulk of the currency. In other words, a "1%" currency elite is considered "normal" by the brainwashed crypto-currency faithful who think they are overturning the evil "1%" system.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 am

Another is to have a fair and equitable distribution of the currency initially so that everyone starts out with the same amount. All crypto-currencies that I have looked at have very few wallets holding the bulk of the currency. In other words, a "1%" currency elite is considered "normal" by the brainwashed crypto-currency faithful who think they are overturning the evil "1%" system.

Interesting factoid Chicodoodoo, can you present anything to back this up?

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Your never going to settle this binary query, because you will never find, nor will you ever be, an expert in this scientific programming field. That is because the platform is evolving constantly. Plus the biggest piece of the equation is the sociopathic influence on the code. If anyone is paying attention, sociopathy has assimilated United States policy. Nothing is safe...

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 pm

A block chain is not decentralized -- all transactions of the given crypto-currency are recorded in a single data structure! That means it is highly centralized.

Just because you say it's so doesn't automatically make it so!

Can you please explain in more detail how an open source "data structure" available to anyone with an internet connection can possibly be called centralized?

There are many copies of the block chain which are transmitted about the Internet, and there is a convoluted and bizarre mechanism for synchronizing the working ends of the copies to get them to agree.

By saying "convoluted and bizarre" are you saying that you don't understand it?

This mechanism will surely become a very tempting point of attack for sophisticated parties to game the currency.

This point is somewhat vague, can you please explain in more detail how these "sophisticated parties" will "game the currency"?

The ledger is not entirely public, in that the transaction parties are hidden behind a non-descriptive ID (the digital wallet address). Ideally, there should be no ledger. The whole reason for having a ledger is to create an audit trail in order to discourage counterfeiting of the digital currency. Digital currencies, like digital block chains and all computer data structures, are easily copied. An audit trail, however, does not guarantee the integrity of the currency. You can "cook the books", for example, to make a manipulated audit trail look legitimate. Or you can substitute counterfeit currency for genuine currency without the audit trail being affected.

Can please explain how this counterfeiting will be accomplished?

Real money, like gold and silver coin, is much more decentralized. There is no ledger, as transactions details are not centrally recorded, or recorded at all.

If there is no ledger, can you explain how you can know how centralized this "real money" is?

We could easily bypass the corrupt banking institutions by returning to the use of gold and silver coin and refusing their worthless paper.

History would disagree with you, are you familiar with what happened in ancient Rome when this was tried?

Isn't the majority of the world's bullion presently control by the banks?

Substituting worthless computer digits for worthless bank notes is not a solution. Guess who is highly computerized with ledgers out the wazoo? The banks.

Chicodoodoo I'm surprised how clueless you are about Cryptocurrencies considering your programing background , please try to understand, Crypto's are not made and are not controlled by banks, however much this fact upsets you!!!

Last edited by andywight on Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 44  Next