Andywight 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
UncleZook 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
Magamud 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
None of the above 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Who's the gatekeeper? 
Site Admin

Post Who's the gatekeeper?
This forum is only big enough for one troll, shill, or gatekeeper, so we had better get a handle on who is doing it. UncleZook has been handing out gatekeeper labels like candy, and after nearly making a career out of this, other members, including myself, have begun to suspect that Zook may be exhibiting gatekeeping behavior. So maybe a little public opinion poll can shed some consensus on the matter?

For reference on what exactly trolls, shills, kooks, and flamers do, see this. A gatekeeper will combine all of these techniques and more in an attempt to herd forum members into a particular belief system, usually shaped like a pyramid with the gatekeeper at the summit preaching how planar things are.

Note: I am only including prolific posters among the choices, so don't be insulted if your name does not appear. The poll is anonymous, you can change your selection at any time, and there is no time limit.

Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 am

Post Re: Who's the gatekeeper?
This was taken from Chico's above link:

Quote:
"Remember, shills are creatures of darkness, and their enemy is the light. Shills can only succeed as far as they fool people, a shill is by definition an agent of deception, similar to a con artist, but acting on a target market instead of individuals. Shills always act on profit, and the motive, opportunity, and promise of profit, which in direct proportion to the degree of such, will spawn shills as surely as rotten meat spawns magots.
Awareness of shills is a first defense against shills. Shills unmasked are no longer shills, no longer effective."

You, Mr. UncleZook, are well n truly unmasked and no longer effective!

Attachment:
image010.jpg
image010.jpg [ 31.74 KiB | Viewed 2757 times ]

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:18 am

All of the Above :giggle:

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:30 am
Site Admin

All of the Above :giggle:

I actually did have that choice in there, because I thought it was pretty funny, too. But then I took it out at the last minute.

If we get more than five votes total, I will be surprised.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 am

As I've refused to vote in all the other polls - largely because of the lack of accountability in the vote, not to mention the absence of protections against mob think) - I will refuse to partake in this farcical attempt to validate the invalid.

Not too dissimilar from CBS's Survival game show where individuals get voted out on a whim or the threat they might pose to lessers ... or the old prairie town where the powermad sheriff and his coterie of hick associates make the law on the spot, levy fines, and extract monies from nonlocals and locals alike ... or the kangaroo court quickly arranged to affirm a verdict already prepared by the honcho that runs things in a specific territory ... etc.

This latest attempt by Chico to deflect attention away from the mountain of evidence that points to his gatekeeping - with the dual lynchpin of Assange and Wikileaks at the core and a murder of establishment crows in tow (e.g. Pilger, Fisk, Lendman, Zinn, Chomsky, etc.) - is a sad sorry ploy to save his dwindled reputation ... a false flag operation to change the victims into the perpetrators and vice versa ... a desperate attempt by a diseased mind to hold on to diminishing returns in his powerbase, as evidenced by a reduction in the number of truth quests from the early heady days of United People, to a trickle of truth pursuits today.

Chico reduced to a tin cup jiggler ... and dancing for an insignificant statistical sampling of opinion.

How hard the mighty fall, that climb the tower of deception high and get whipped off by the winds of truth.

:jest:

Pax To Psychosis And Attending Predicaments

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 am
Site Admin

Hmm...

• Won't vote, despite denigrating specific people listed on the poll as gatekeepers.
  • Posts messages intended to insult and provoke (definition of a troll).
  • For each person who responds, considers that person "caught" (definition of a troll).
  • Contributes nothing but uninformative "ad hominem" bickering (definition of a flamer).
  • Posts messages as a "front" for an unseen group, usually at odds to the topics being discussed (definition of a shill).
  • Continually posts messages with no apparent grounding in reality (definition of a kook).

Yep, I'm satisfied that I voted properly.

Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 am

You need to add the tab.

All of the above....

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 am
Site Admin

magamud wrote:
You need to add the tab.

All of the above....

Are you admitting to being a gatekeeper? Did you just vote for Magamud? Yet Zook does not attack you as a gatekeeper...

Hmm. Very interesting.

Perhaps this is how psychologists have "fun".

Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 am

magamud wrote:
You need to add the tab.

All of the above....

Are you admitting to being a gatekeeper? Did you just vote for Magamud? Yet Zook does not attack you as a gatekeeper...

Hmm. Very interesting.

Mags hasn't shown evidence of gatekeeping. You have, Chico. Therein lies the difference.

Btw, in case your English is devolving into the riff raff regional dialect ... Mags merely mentioned the need for the option "All of the above" in contraposition to the option "None of the above". Yet here you are trying to fabricate a narrative that is not supported by Mags' comment. Then again, fabricating context has been par for the course for you, hasn't it? Certainly, for many a gatekeeper.

Pax

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Quote:

Perhaps you are being to serious?

Quote:
Mags hasn't shown evidence of gatekeeping.

Im my own gatekeeper. The conflict of interest is my self preservation. This is molded by my own acquiescence.

Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next