Reply to topic  [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next
Banning for dollars 

Post Re: Banning for dollars
Chico, this could be the start, although didn't the start begin when you first joined a forum? Now the Nexus chapter has finished, and maybe this could be a new chapter where your time and energy is on creating something good (this is what I have seen you do so far), rather than what you are embarking on here.

Yes, there are those lapping up the Celine nectar (so sorry for that visual), but it's entirely their choice. They're all big enough to work that out for themselves. Her behaviour was the same at Avalon, which is probably why more didn't follow.

Now, regarding your above-mentioned bannings. I will give you the benefit of the doubt on the first couple and accept that you were somewhat shocked... :shock: at being banned from Fighting for Liberty and maybe :o at the Avalon banning...just maybe.

However, I'm not so sure that someone as perceptive as you would have joined Attitcus1 or Nexus with quite the same goals as the 'hope for change' crew. :eh:

Just saying....

Your point, which I thank you for now, has been made and recognised. I understand the desire to dissect it blow by blow, I just don't think it's necessary or helpful.

The question is, do we want to be yet another forum with members bashing their previous one's??? On, and endlessly on, the cycle goes.....

I agree with Truthunter, it's all about attitude.

Lee :|

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:04 am
Quote:
I understand the desire to dissect it blow by blow, I just don't think it's necessary or helpful.

I must agree. Let's just NOT do onto each other what had been done onto us by others. :geek:

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:42 am

Steering a course between truth telling and damaging confrontation is tricky navigation which will take expert techniques needed to tell the truth with grace and skill so as not to crash on the rocks.

THE OLD SAYING - The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It May Make You Mad!
That is why most people do not want to listen to the truth.

If Chico wants to tell the truth about the bannings at Nexus and what is happening behind the scenes will make some people very mad and other angry and upset. It is often difficult and brave to speak out and can throw your world into turmoil. But there are rewards… missing puzzle pieces click in your brain and release you from negative emotions.

Generally telling the truth is always the best answer, especially if someone is deceiving people by being two faced, back biting etc and being hypocritical as they set themselves up as being a TRUTHTELLER. Telling people the truth about something that you know will hurt them can be difficult. This is why many people lie. What these people don't realize is that the truth will likely come out later and all the additional lies will only add to the hurt and the pain. The best thing to do is to tell the truth.

Honesty relates to trust. If forum friends can count on you to be the one person in their life that tells it straight, then they will have respect for you. Being honest also does not mean offering your forum friends unwanted advice, either. It's okay to tell the truth, and if you are really concerned about some aspect of their life, it is OK to speak up but do it in a loving manner and being aware of the danger of getting involved the drama yourself.

Tricky indeed. Trust yourself and your integrity.

VeryTricky indeed?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 am
Site Admin

Lee, I know what you're saying, and your message is not lost on me. I've been here before, and I'm sure I will be here again. I don't particularly relish what I have to do, but let me explain why I am going to do it.

There are others at stake here besides the main players. Essentially, we have a kind of con-game occurring at Nexus, and as is typical in a con-game, most of those involved do not understand that they are being taken. To walk away and let the con-game continually pull in more unsuspecting victims is a disservice. The responsible thing to do, at a minimum, is to post a notice, with sufficient detail to be believable, that will alert people of the scam.

I understand that many people won't like the notice. The con-artists and their minions definitely won't like it. Some former victims won't like being reminded of their foolishness. Some future victims won't like their judgment being questioned. All of those that won't like the notice don't have to read it -- simply avoid this one thread. Those that might want to be forewarned will hopefully find their way to this thread and take heed.

Lee wrote:
Chico, this could be the start, although didn't the start begin when you first joined a forum?

It started way before that, perhaps when I was born, perhaps earlier.

Quote:
Now the Nexus chapter has finished, and maybe this could be a new chapter where your time and energy is on creating something good (this is what I have seen you do so far), rather than what you are embarking on here.

How can you be so sure that what I am embarking on is not good?

Quote:
Yes, there are those lapping up the Celine nectar (so sorry for that visual), but it's entirely their choice. They're all big enough to work that out for themselves.

Are they? Some are, but some are not. Have you ever learned from the experience of someone that went before you, and were grateful that they shared their knowledge with you?

Quote:
However, I'm not so sure that someone as perceptive as you would have joined Attitcus1 or Nexus with quite the same goals as the 'hope for change' crew. :eh:

Every forum I have joined, I joined to learn. And everything I have learned, I am happy to share.

Quote:
Your point, which I thank you for now, has been made and recognised. I understand the desire to dissect it blow by blow, I just don't think it's necessary or helpful.

If I were selfish, I would follow your advice. After all, I have learned, so I got what I came for. But just as I am grateful for those that have shared what they learned with me, I will return the favor by sharing what I have learned with others. It's the Golden Rule principle that guides those that move beyond being selfish.

Quote:
The question is, do we want to be yet another forum with members bashing their previous one's??? On, and endlessly on, the cycle goes.....

..... until we learn the lessons we need to learn to stop the cycle. If I say nothing, the cycle continues. But if I speak, there's no telling the impact of my voice.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 am
Quote:
The responsible thing to do, at a minimum, is to post a notice, with sufficient detail to be believable, that will alert people of the scam.

If you must...please do.
I can't help but think that just maybe things might end up "confusing" folks....that weren't there.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:16 am

Humanity versus automatons.

Humans make mistakes ... we should be grateful for that. Humans are imperfect ... we should be grateful for that. Humans are inefficient in everything they do, including communication ... we should be mindful of that (and grateful). We are humans ... and we exist as erring, imperfect, inefficient beings.

The dilemma at Nexus which precipitated in Chico's banning is not so hard to understand when put in its proper context. Chico was arguably the largest brain at Nexus, Celine was arguably the largest heart. The logical brain and the emotional heart found each other. Normal hearts and normal brains can coexist in the same being. Indeed, that's the quintessential state of being human. The problem occurs when you have an exaggerated brain and an exaggerated heart trying to coexist together. Such exaggerated coexistence mixes like oil and water ... not salt and water ... not sugar and water.

After Chico became a MOD, mutual proximity was added to the equation. Celine's exaggerated heart grated on Chico. Chico's exaggerated brain grated on Celine. Later than sooner - a credit to both - this grating took its toll and someone had to leave the MOD chamber. Chico chose to leave; but the tea leaves were pushing in that direction anyways. Then Chico made the mistake of assuming things and took it a step farther. He remarked that Nexus was Celine and Richard's show and that all the other members were subordinate (including the staff). Chico essentially implied that Nexus was a pyramid. By doing so, he unintentionally disrespected the other MODs in the chamber who all volunteered their time ... and who viewed Nexus as a forum of planar equals (minus a technical hierarchy). Mutual distrust between Richard and Chico took root. Virtually all the MODs/ADMINs sided with Richard because they knew Richard better than they knew Chico. The vote was 7-1 in favor of banning Chico. I was the lone vote that objected to the ban. After all, I knew and trusted Chico to be an honest man (and still hold that view) and every bit an honest man as Richard (I was part of the exodus and can vouch for Richard's integrity). But things had gone way beyond my ability to influence things ... 1 against 7 is beyond the 84% one sigma threshold of merit democracy ... so Chico was banned along with Andy and TH.

In short, I'm trapped between trusts of two individuals who I respect. So I told the MOD chamber that I was going to help Chico develop United People ... and would remain a MOD at Nexus if there were no objections. The MOD staff was okay with that.

That being said, I view the whole drama as a human drama rife with assumptions, misperceptions, broken trusts, exaggerated thoughts and feelings, pride and prejudice, ego and personality, exaggerated archetypes of the brain and the heart (of thought and feeling) ... and ultimately, the way humans were meant to behave.

Chico's mistake is his high expectation for human community ... to be logical to the last dot connection. Similarly, Celine's mistake is her high expectation for human community ... to be emotional to the last fibre of loving. The hungry scientist versus the hungry artist. Alas, Nexus has its own aspirations for human community, e.g. to find the right balance of logic and emotions ... and it will oscillate back and forth about this balance until it finds it. Truth belongs with the earnest scientist ... and faith belongs with the earnest artist.

To wit, Nexus is slowly learning that truthseeking is just one part of human community; the other part being faithholding. We can neither afford to lose truth in faith nor faith in truth. Not if we want to remain human and elevate humanity.

ps: In the end, Chico has this site to develop. And Celine has Nexus to develop. I will assist both in their respective communities as long as I am wanted in either. Humble opinions all around.

Flight that sends into the clouds brings wings to rest upon the boughs. Then further down to the liquid lawn, to serve as sentries for the gliding swan. Curve, a perfect turning of the line between here and Heaven, with extensions into infinitum.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:09 am

truthunter wrote:
Quote:
I understand the desire to dissect it blow by blow, I just don't think it's necessary or helpful.

I must agree. Let's just NOT do onto each other what had been done onto us by others. :geek:

Quote:
If you must...please do.

Due to lack of appropriate smilies you'll have to just 'imagine' that I'm blowing raspberries at you right now.......

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:02 am

Zookie.....you truly are an enlightened being. I treasure your insights.

Chico....you know I adore you and support your doing whatever you feel you need to do from within.

Lee, I'm glad you had us all reflect on the purpose of the thread.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:23 am

UncleZook wrote:
Chico essentially implied that Nexus was a pyramid. By doing so, he unintentionally disrespected the other MODs in the chamber who all volunteered their time ... and who viewed Nexus as a forum of planar equals (minus a technical hierarchy). Mutual distrust between Richard and Chico took root. Virtually all the MODs/ADMINs sided with Richard because they knew Richard better than they knew Chico.

Zooki,

is it not true that when Nexus2012 was first formed by Richard and Celine that most of the mods that followed from PA told Richard that they didn't want Celine to be a Mod! and that his response was to tell them that if you/they were not prepared to work with Celine that he would "Find a new mod team"?

How can Nexus2012 ever be described as a forum of "planer equals" when this happened at its inception?

QRK: QifUSqn6ygXK61pEkm2g4iBY9ZcLw4g4su
FCK: FettxKyQVhsSURZt1XQxUTypwxEeBbTgUQ

Please visit http://forum.qrk.cc/ for all things Crypto!

Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 pm
Quote:
The hungry scientist versus the hungry artist.

If I may present some additional insight here. Chico is the hungry scientist indeed, and me...well I am indeed the hungry artist (literally). Chico and I play well together on the playground of life, so it must be more than a mental/heart thing. I value my brother and will do what it takes to see him get where he needs to go. :) That is "love". :P

If anything Chico stands guilty of overlooking the #1 rule with humanity...never try to argue with a woman, for you will loose every time. :shock: But in the end of the day, it all goes back to attitude.

Time to go see the wizard...... :cry:

Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 595 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next